Self Tanner

Options
CuteMommy88
CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
Whats the best self tanner you have found?? I use Loreal airbrush self tanner but I am looking for something maybe in a foam or lotion ( I love what I use but it is $10 a bottle and I really only get 3 applications out of it, so It only lasts about a week. So any tips???

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I like the Jergen's lotion that gradually tans you. Looks more natural, and it doesn't streak.
  • EHabel10
    EHabel10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jergens natural glow to start, then Neutrogena build-a-tan to finish. Both lotions, both gentle, both worked for me and I am extremely fair. You have to start applying daily 1 1/2 weeks before an event as they are very gradual, but this helps to avoid the orange look. Good luck.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the jergens natural glow. i actually have used it daily for almost a month on my legs only and it looks very natural. it doesn't make me look "tan" actually, but it makes me look alive and like my legs have at least glanced at the sun before. i'm using the light kind though, may switch to the medium eventually.
  • igotthis170
    igotthis170 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just recently started using banana boat summer color~ deep dark color streak free...it is a lotion and i got it at wal mart for around 6 or 7 dollars..and it is great! definately streak free and great tan color! only downside is i don't like the strong citrusy smell, but i've heard others like it, but you can be the judge:) i normally spray tan, so lotion is new for me and i'm loving it
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,753 Member
    Options
    I've started going to a tanning salon for spray tans http://livesunless.com/. It's $50/month, but it's unlimited, and it looks way better than anything I was able to achieve myself. Believe me, I tried.
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    I have used the Jergens natural glow before but it doesn't give me much color and I want to actually look TAN lol, I actually use the natural glow in early spring/fall but for summer I like something a little darker. Thanks for the input everyone :)
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ok I am pasty white normally lol so I have tried ALL kinds of self-tanners. The best one I found can be found at ulta, or ulta.com if you aren't near a store...it's called "look good naked" tan towels. I use the ones for medium/dark skin because it gives faster results.

I have used the oil of olay and jergens gradual tanners but they take too long and I'm not that patient. I have and still occassionally get the spray tan, i think the one I get is the mystic spray tan, at the tanning salon. The only problem I have with that is that if you don't wipe your ankles/certain parts of your hands really well, the results are pretty drastic (which can be a good thing) but you really get stuck with the uneven tan if you don't remember to wipe certain areas off.

Basically the jergens/oil of olay stuff is the light version, you don't have any threat of streaking since it takes so long to build up a tan. The spray tan at the salon is great and shows drastic results quickly but you have a much higher risk of streaking that can't easily be exfoliated off. The tan towels are a nice happy medium. The tan towels are $25 at ulta but that is for 10 wipes. So it ends up being 2.50 a towel. I use one or two towels an application. Hope this helps!!
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have tried almost every single self-tanner out there, including expensive spray tans. Banana Boat Deep Dark Color lotion is the best by far that I have ever used. It is about $7 at Walmart if you want to try it out for the first time. I purchase it now through Amazon.com & I am on automatic re-order, so I get 3 tubes of it for $14. The only thing I'm very specific about when using it is I take a shower before hand & exfoliate and let my skin dry before I apply it. I never used to make sure I applied self-tanner to clean skin because I figured I'd only be gross after anyways, but changing that helped my results out a lot. I am not overly careful with this product, but I make sure I rub it in well in all areas. I use it on my face & it doesn't make me break out. As for hands, I do not do as many say and wash them completely because then you will have white hands and tan arms. After applying the lotion to my whole body, I wash my hands thoroughly. Then I apply a small amount of lotion to my hands & take a wet wash cloth and only wash my palms. This has worked perfectly for me. I will sit around at night in a towel for about 4 or 5 hours watching tv, and then I shower to rinse the guide off. This way the lotion doesn't over-develop either. When I wake up, I look so tan & it's not over-done. That is all I need for about 3-4 days...it's natural without being orange. No streaks. And it fades evenly. You will love it!! Check out the reviews of it on amazon, that will convince you =))) Good luck!!!
  • Vmckinley0913
    Options
    I am trying to get reallly tan too! Not nasty ugly looking tan, but a pretty tan lol. Every lotion I have ever used has been from WalMart! I have never paid over $10 for any lotion! lol. I'm a cheapskate! My thing is, is that I lay out EVERY single day, for no more than an hour, & before I lay out I put on "Ocean Potion Xtreme Intensifier (with instant bronzer)". I got it from WalMart for I think about $7. It smells amazing & works really great! It really does give you a slight tan even before you lay out in the sun! For me it does! & It takes a lottt for me to get tan. Hope this helps! HAPPY TANNING!
  • FutureMrsWanland
    Options
    Not trying to promote myself (really), but this stuff is so great. If you're looking for a gradual tan, there's a product called mark Got To Glow Gradual Glow Body Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15. It's awesome because you can build a gradual tan without the sun, but you can also use it in the sun to increase the color of your tan as it has SPF15 in it. I just tried it last weekend at the beach with awesome results! If you're interested, visit www.meetmark.com/rachelroberts...If not, I just figured I'd put it out there! But, I love it so far! Happy Tanning!
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!!! I think I will be trying the Banana Boat :)
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Just wanted to let you ladies know that I tried the Banana Boat self tanner and I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so happy you all told me about it :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Banana Boat Endless Summer Deep Dark is great, but is tends to rub off.

Fake Bake original lotion is great too, but it isn't as dark...very natural though, and stays on for a long time, and fades off naturally.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I use Coppertone Gradual Tan (inexpensive at Target and Walmart), and I like it a lot! I've gotten "You look so tan!" comments and people are surprised when I tell them it's from a bottle. :drinker: