Cutting Help (first cut)/Body Changes since lifting/whats going on? (#allthethings)(pics)

Options
Hey guys. This post is sort of all over the place. I need help with changes in my body shape that I don't understand and some cutting advice.

Okay, so within the past year or so I've lost 60+ pounds. That was mostly through cardio with very minimal strength training. Since April I had started crossfit and gained a lot of muscle and have primarily started lifting on my own with some programs off of bodybuilding.com. Well, progress is being done but not sure if getting more muscular or fatter. I am mostly in a calorie deficit (need to be better about it) but as I'm getting more solid my clothes are getting tighter. My stomach still has fat but getting firmer (oblique definition). I just don't understand the bulking as I'm not at a calorie surplus . Isn't cutting strictly a calorie deficit? I really want to start focusing on cutting more. Can I still lift heavy and just add more cardio with a calorie deficit?? What's going on with my body? :( Happy with the strength gain just not the getting bigger (clotheswise). Am I just one of those people that's gonna get bigger as I get stronger?

The pics range from right after weightloss till now. Tummy firmer with muscle tone but bigger.

Thanks guys for your help.

s5zta4tjtdax.jpg

7e8tft0ckjwu.jpg
akzaqhzz61gb.jpg
rznqpfhcpyd7.jpg
uvri68nqx6e9.jpg
8oe2yc0ml7w2.jpg
d8chm2l8m9qk.jpg

Replies

• kahicky
    kahicky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Impressive job, i learned while i did a cut earliar this year i tried adjusting alot of stuff like my calories and dropping carbs which left me weak and tired and flabby looking i actually found keaping calories high and doing a 50% carb 35 protein 15 far worked perfect it kept me from looking depleted, i timed my meals around workouts and i trained with a high volume routine, i did normal bb lifts reps were 10 to 12 and kept rest 30 seconds or less per exersise, best of luck with reaching your goals,check out my profile to see how the cut went if you wamt

• daligrrrl
    daligrrrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot!! Yeah, the low carb thing is gonna be my best bet I'm finding but always leaves me hungry as hell the end of the day. And then I eat like a horse. It's been bad the last week. I need to definitely tweek the macros. I keep up with my 3-4 hour in between meal times and of course my water. I have a hectic work schedule and while I do workout every day it's sometimes in the AM or sometimes in the PM.