Large chested ladies...I need help :(

Options
I'm currently a 38 F. I've always been big chested, always been a 36-38DD. I got pregnant a year ago, unfortunately lost the pregnancy, but I kept the baby weight and the inflated chest. Way to add insult to injury, right? Nice. At this point, not only am I finding it ridiculously hard to find regular bras, it's near impossible to find a decent sports bra. Right now I'm layering them, I have one I got at Target and all the tank tops I have are Champion or like brands with built in support. The tanks aren't a huge issue, they fit, but I just have 0 support. When I run, I get black eyes. I almost feel indecent running in public.

Like I said, I've always been top heavy, but this is ridiculous. I'm seeing my doctor in a month to talk about a reduction, but I want to wait until I get down to my goal weight, around 155. If they go back down to a 38DD, sweet. But if they stay the size they are, I just can't do it. But for now, I neeeeeed the support. I don't want to knock out another runner or anything!!

Replies

• Judykv95
    Judykv95 Posts: 10
    Options
    Check out enell their bras are expensive but they work really well. You can find them lots of places I have bought them from the enell website and from Amazon.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My best friend has the same problem, 5 foot tall with a 40 F!! Unfortunately, I don't have any tips for you but I have surely seen your frustration! Good luck
  • MNM1010
    MNM1010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Lane Bryant? I have had good luck with there bras.

Good luck!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would love to see an answer to this too. I am a 38J, and currently layer 4 bras for zumba or running. I have a great bra for everyday, which I ordered online, but can't seem to find a sports bra that controls things.
  • fathomblue
    fathomblue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you and I'm curious what other ladies will suggest. I'm in the same boat and am doubling up on medium support bras when I run. What matters is that you get your workout in. Make sure you wash your running gear in cold water and let them air dry (this will help preserve the wicking and the elasticity). I do have to admit that not all running gear is the same, you get what you pay for. I've had the best support with the UnderArmour racerback running bra under the Nike Running tank (with the built in bra). I also use the Champion running racerback bras inconjuction with the said tank.

Good luck, and am curious what other ladies suggest :)
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any luck with bras. I use two sports bras and a tight shirt. I still don't run much so I haven't pushed it that far. I actually like my breasts the way they are, but I'm also big boned. I was also a D cup before my 14th birthday so I'm so used to having big breasts I don't think I'd know what to do without them. I'm also only an E cup so there you go. But I suggest the layering if you don't have any luck.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32F --- Freya Sports Bras!

I've also heard Enell's work work wonders.

Here is a fantastic website for them: http://www.barenecessities.com/Sports-Bras-Bras_catalog_nxs,31,style,31.htm Free shipping both ways on orders over $50. Use code Spring15 for 15% off (certain brands excluded, Freya is one of them, can't remember the others).
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant is my suggestion too. They are really good quality and hold up well :)
  • megan_mp
    megan_mp Posts: 77
    Options
    I have large breasts too and I got a bra by Freya. I think you can get them online at barenecessities.com or through the UK at (I can't remember the name of the website!) but it's for larger chest sizes.

Totally worth every penny. I have size 38 I (yes, that's the letter I (eye)) boobies and this bra contains them. I also wear a Nike or Adidas tank with a bra type support inside it and my girls stay in place or else I wouldn't be able to run.

Stop wasting money on bras at Walmart and Target. Invest in a good one and you'll be glad you did!

Good luck!

PS - My bra is also underwire and separates my girls, so I don't have uniboob!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a 34FF, for a good bra, you've got to pay a lot of money for it. Unfortunately those Target and Victoria's Secret bras are just not made for us girls :( I don't have the same bra collection as someone who can buy her bras in an $8 bargain bin- I wish I did!

I own several Freya bras, they are AMAZING, and can only be found at specialty stores here in Canada, but now that I know my size and fit that look good on me, I buy them on E-bay for around $30-$40 dollars (in stores here, they are $100+). If you have any Change lingerie stores around you, they are also really good, and much less expensive than Freya are here. These bras make my boobs look amazing (if I do say so myself), they last years and are soooo comfortable and pretty. Seriously, check out E-bay!

Good luck!
  • fathomblue
    Options
    Oh, one more thing! The more weightlifting you do the better it will be for your chest. I do heavy weightlifting and I have noticed that since I have done so, my boobs are lifted and supported much better because you are building up the chest wall. I highly recommend flat chest presses, incline chest presses and decline chest presses. Once you get used to those start doing flyes either with the machine or dumbells. The results will be amazing! But it has to be heavy weightlfting to get everything to firm up (and you won't bulk up just get lift and support ;)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would love to see an answer to this too. I am a 38J, and currently layer 4 bras for zumba or running. I have a great bra for everyday, which I ordered online, but can't seem to find a sports bra that controls things.

J? There is a J? Sweet mother of god! Your back must be killing you!
  • fathomblue
    Options
    I love you ladies! I'm going to have to check out those Freyas! Thanks!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I've looked at Lane Bryant for regular bras, but never sports bras! I'll have to check them out!! Thanks everyone!

On a side note, I do honestly love my chest. I loved my 36-38DD's. Loved them. But with how big they are at this point, my bottom is a 12-14 and my top won't even fit into a 16 button down, I've got to go to a loose 18 or 20, which just kills me. I'm not a big girl by any means. A lot of my weight is in my chest and legs. I almost cried trying on button downs for my new job. They fit in the chest, but then look SO big on me :( I don't think losing weight will make them much smaller, but I'm hoping to get back to my original size.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    http://www.herroom.com/search.aspx?mfg=movc01&figtype=38DD
    I don't have the same problem, but I have breast issues since I quit breast feeding. (I joke that I'm a 32 long now.) When I was researching, I found that Moving Comfort's high impact sports bras came highly recommended for large breasted women. Someone else said that it helped with the kinds of problems that I was having and I bought one. Best sports bra ever. My breasts don't flop around. They are secure and I don't get chafed wearing it. It was the best move that I've made fitness clothes wise, because it no longer hurts when I run or Zumba.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm not nearly as well endowed as the previous posts. I still need to find a good sports bra that minimized bounce when I run. Do sporting goods stores sell underarmor?
  • tonistokes529
    Options
    I am a 40DDD/F and I found a sports bra at ****s sporting goods that holds the girls in place. I use it for jogging and zumba and it works great. I've found normal stores don't cater to big boobies.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Also, my every day bras I do spend a decent bit of money on. I used to frequent Fredericks for them, and I liked the way they fit. But I'll definitely be trying the ones you ladies suggested! I got the sports bra at Target because I was desperate to be prefectly honest!! But now that I've gotten resounding support for Freya and other brands, I'm definitely going to get a couple!

Fathom, thanks for the tip on the chest exercises! I could definitely use some lift hahaha!
  • amylouisebohannan
    Options
    I'm a 40 DDD & I've had the best luck with Enell for a sports bra. I know others have recommended Lane Bryant. I haven't had much luck with the Lane Bryant sports bras being very supportive for me. I do like their everyday bras, however, their wires break on their bras easily.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 J and have to buy my bras in a specialty bra store. I go to Bra-Vo in Royal Oak, MI and have a fabulous sport bra from there. It's ugly as can be but fits/works great. Those champion/Target ones are a joke. Then there is Harp's lingerie in Birmingham, MI. The other store is called Intimacy in Troy, MI. It is a chain, so maybe there is one by you? You might be able to mail order from them, I'm not sure. But you can't go to a regular dept store and find what you need in sizes like that. Good luck!