Weighing

Options
So im really bad at weighing myself far too often, when Is the best time to weigh yourself and how little or often should I be doing it?

Replies

• Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I do it on a Wednesday, naked and afraid!
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    When you first get up, after using the bathroom. I weigh daily and use trendweight.com to filter out the "noise" of water fluctuations. I try to have an official weigh in with tape measurements once a week.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I do it on a Wednesday, naked and afraid!

In the morning as well btw
  • CharlotteALC93
    CharlotteALC93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One day a week whichever you choose, first thing in the morning. Weighing every day your weight can go up or down by so much.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating, wearing the same amount of clothes. How often is up to you. There's nothing wrong with weighing daily as long as the constant fluctuations don't get to you. Most who do that will track and watch the trend over 1-3 months rather than what happened in 24 hours.
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    leahbowman wrote: »
    So im really bad at weighing myself far too often, when Is the best time to weigh yourself and how little or often should I be doing it?

Weighing is a personal preference. Weigh yourself as often as you like. Some people don't like to step on the scale very often, others like to weigh once a week to check progress. Personally, I weigh myself twice a day, first thing in the morning and right before bed. I do this to familiarize myself with my weight fluntionations and to keep myself in check.

If daily weigh ins make you feel crazy then by all means, put your scale away and only pull it our weekly or biweekly. There is no correct answer to your question as it is strictly personal preference.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins were a bit too much for me. I weigh in first thing in the morning every 3-4 days.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning after my morning ablutions every other day or so. You should be doing it at a rate that's comfortable to you. If you obsess, maybe less often. If you don't, everyday can be a great tracking tool if you write it down. Good luck!
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Weighing is a personal preference. Weigh yourself as often as you like. Some people don't like to step on the scale very often, others like to weigh once a week to check progress. Personally, I weigh myself twice a day, first thing in the morning and right before bed. I do this to familiarize myself with my weight fluntionations and to keep myself in check.

If daily weigh ins make you feel crazy then by all means, put your scale away and only pull it our weekly or biweekly. There is no correct answer to your question as it is strictly personal preference.

Me too! I agree!! Twice a day works for me.