Wedding Workout!

Options
Hi I am MaKenzie! I am wanting to lose 20 pounds before my wedding in July 2016! But my last dress fitting is in March... So that means it's time to bust my butt!!!
Any other brides trying to lose weight for their wedding?!?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,187 Member
    Options
    :) When I read the title, I thought of my husband's and my wedding in 2008.

We met on a long distance cycling event in Aug 2003, and decided to get married in Aug 2008 in a small quiet ceremony in the middle of the Canadian Rockies.

But to make it particularly meaningful to us, we decided to cycle a century (100 miles) prior to the ceremony. We started cycling about 8 am, finished it about 4 pm, then cleaned up and changed into our wedding finery ... and by about 5 pm, we were married. :grin:

So yeah, I was thinking you were also planning some sort of "workout" on your wedding day. :grin:

Nevertheless ... all the best! Stick to the calories MFP gives you and be consistent with the exercise and it should all be good. :)
  • kenziekcoop
    kenziekcoop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What a neat and unique idea!!!

Thank you!
  • Frannyrl
    Frannyrl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in July too! I want to lose about 30 pounds by then but it's really hard for me to stay accountable.
  • kenziekcoop
    kenziekcoop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! I'll do good for awhile then lose complete motivation! :( hoping this time is better.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yep! Getting married in February.... only really got serious about my fitness since the beginning of this month though. My dress is being altered in January so whatever progress I make by then is fine with me!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    getting married in June. I started running and upping my aerial hammock and yoga workouts. I am down nearly 30lbs and I would like to lose another 20
  • lisaannofaubrun
    lisaannofaubrun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! My wedding is in June, but my dress fitting will be in March. As soon as I got engaged in October I changed my eating and work outs, and have lost about 8 lbs. I'm at 150.5 right now, and would love to get down to 135 by March. Any help in stating accountable would be super helpful!