Bike riding with a child

Options
I want to take my son with me bike riding, but he is only 2 1/2. My question is which is better in your opinion for a child. The front carrier or back carrier? I know that there are pros and cons to both, but the internet is driving me crazy with information. I hope that someone has some experience with this. Idk if it matters ,but he is about 35 lbs and 3' 3. Thanks to all.

Replies

• loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i'd say for his age and weight - go for a rear carrier, and get him a helmet too, my daughter used to get cold when sat in bike seat, so she wore a fleece all in one.
  • Colbyleesmom
    Colbyleesmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 3' and about 30 ish pounds. We use the back carrier and both love it. I feel safe and secure. I think at that height and weight it would make turning difficult in the front.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Neither are very safe. Your best option is the little trailer you pull behind your bike. Fasten him in there with a helmet on.
  • snc1019
    snc1019 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've used a bike trailer for the last 3 years with my girls (they are 4 and 3). The girls love it and so do I.
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all of your help.
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use a bike trailer because I have two kids. If I only had one, I'd get a weehoo igo trailer. :)

http://www.weehoobicycletrailer.com/