Fitness tracker

Options
Looking into getting a fitness tracker. I work full time and hit the gym about 3 times a week. I want it for extra motivation. Any suggestions of a good one?

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What activities do you do? What data points do you hope to track?
  • dana2714
    dana2714 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got a 6 month old and full time job so when I do get to go to the gym I lift weights and run on the treadmill. Hopefully in spring I can get back into running outside. I mainly need something to make me move around more even at work. One with alarms if possible
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar A300 and I like it an awful lot. It has the heart rate monitor strap as well, which doesn't bother me at all.
  • dana2714
    dana2714 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you wear it all the time or just while working out?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    dana2714 wrote: »
    I got a 6 month old and full time job so when I do get to go to the gym I lift weights and run on the treadmill. Hopefully in spring I can get back into running outside. I mainly need something to make me move around more even at work. One with alarms if possible

None of those are data points to track. No commercially available activity tracker accurately estimates calories from lifting.
  • ailynnep
    ailynnep Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit HR for a fitness tracker and you could actually sync it with my fitness app. I got it for Mother's Day and have been using it constantly and it also logs my sleep. They say having 8 HR of sleep is good also if trying to lose weight. My peak this year was about 170 which I was so embarrass to log. Tracking my food intake helped a lot and it makes you more conscious of what you eat. I bike at least once a week for about 2-3 hours and I hula hoop in the morning for about 10 mins while watching the news.
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I found the fitbits actually count motion and arm movements as steps so I am looking for info about a better type of tracker any suggestions.