Is this picture an unrealistic fitness goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    Alicia Marie is a fitness model. She competes and is on the cover of fitness mags such as SHAPE. She gets paid to look this way. She has a tiny waist her aesthetics are due to genetics and hard work. I've seen hundreds of her photos some shopped bc they are in magazines some sooc and this is what she looks like. It is attainable for her. She is petite, lean with a bubble butt. I'd love to have her figure but I'm not gonna say its not attainable bc I don't have her genetics.

This is not photoshop (at least not in the sense that most mean it) color adjustment, clarity adjustment, removal of noise etc. But making the waist smaller, making her bum bigger NOPE this is genetics and hard work. Try a little and you'll find the best YOU instead of comparing and tearing someone down. Not that she cares lol

this ^

But to the OP, people can use other photo's to be motivated, inspired, to continue on their fitness path. It doesn't mean she literally hopes to look like her. But with hard work and determination she can be a better version of herself. I admire the hell out of DLB, I even share some of her photos as "goals" but I know I probably won't EVER look like her, but doesn't mean I won't bust my butt to look like the best version of ME.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's photoshopped. There are plenty of women with lean and muscular physiques like hers. Does anyone not watch the olympics? Come on people. This is simply a lean and muscular girl with a curvy body.

I'd love to look like that and have serious abs and muscly biceps but because I'm not stupid, I know that I'll never have a similarly round bum because that's more genetically determined. Mine is flat. Thanks mum.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think that pic is photoshopped. Some people do look like that. I don't see a problem with using someone else as inspiration, but it's good to be realistic and be the best that *you* can achieve.
    I follow Emily Skye because she inspires me and I think she's gorgeous. That doesn't mean I'm trying to look like her. Also in some ways you can change the shape of your body. Emily Skye didn't always have a "bubble butt" - she trained hard for that booty!

ert5ms0tymtr.jpeg
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Alicia Marie is a fitness model. She competes and is on the cover of fitness mags such as SHAPE. She gets paid to look this way. She has a tiny waist her aesthetics are due to genetics and hard work. I've seen hundreds of her photos some shopped bc they are in magazines some sooc and this is what she looks like. It is attainable for her. She is petite, lean with a bubble butt. I'd love to have her figure but I'm not gonna say its not attainable bc I don't have her genetics.

This is not photoshop (at least not in the sense that most mean it) color adjustment, clarity adjustment, removal of noise etc. But making the waist smaller, making her bum bigger NOPE this is genetics and hard work. Try a little and you'll find the best YOU instead of comparing and tearing someone down. Not that she cares lol

agree. not that anyone OBVIOUSLY is tearing her down, but there's kind of implicit thought that maybe she's faking this look through photoshop because its so stylized, and that's a negative reflection on her. She works hard for this look, in addition to just having the native genetic potential which is the luck of the draw. You can respect her hard work without needing to envy her or try to look like her.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    but there's kind of implicit thought that maybe she's faking this look through photoshop because its so stylized, and that's a negative reflection on her.

I think it's understandable that many people are skeptical though.

When you have extremely lucrative rewards for anything to include sport or looking a certain way, such as fame, money, adulation there is always a strong temptation to do certain things to get an advantage - be it drugs, cosmetic enhancement, or photo shopping images.

Doping didn't begin and end with the West Germans did it?

I have no doubt whatsoever that this lady works very, very hard. Is she all natural? Of that I am not sure. Is she a good role model? Of that I am not sure either.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Any goal to look like another person is unrealistic.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There are many times when friends/family post things on FB that I have opinions about or responses for but I don't post them. I think that this is that kind of situation. At the very most, I would have said "Good luck."
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    IMHO, she's photoshopped. but, even if she isn't, i think a normal person wouldn't look like that.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Body shape is largely going to be genetics. If you look at one's ability to maintain low bodyfat; it think it's attainable for most healthy people if they have the discipline to get there. I'm not sure how long maintaining such a level of "leanness" could be though just because it takes such a high-level of discipline to get there and maintain. If somebody's goal is to achieve a healthy level of low body-fat, who are we to tell her she can't do it. Having goals is a good thing as long as it doesn't become an unhealthy obsession that negatively affects other important aspects of one's life.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify-- what I meant by "obviously Photoshopped": the light source of the background is inconsistent with the light source of the subject, the foreground levels have been adjusted (improperly) and the white balance is off.

I have no idea whether *she* is all natural or whether her body shape has been digitally altered or through the use of steroids or cosmetic surgery.

Coincidentally, one of my best friends also has an impossibly tiny waist and a bubble butt -- all natural, she doesn't even workout!. Granted she doesn't have the muscular definition as the girl in this post; but still looks exceptionally perfect.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    QqZmu0i.png
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    vczk2t15 wrote: »
    IMHO, she's photoshopped. but, even if she isn't, i think a normal person wouldn't look like that.

Sure, if your definition of normal is the average overweight American. Otherwise, I don't know what's abnormal about her. She looks like what an athletic and fit woman with her body shape would normally look like. Goes to show how the obesity epidemic has clouded people's understanding of what normal is.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Honestly we could end the thread right here.

But to add: Here is Alicia's Instagram. (Found via the watermark on OPs photo. And frankly I'm not about all these gratuitous half naked selfies, regardless of how good her body is.) But that's what she looks like. Like @SarahLifts says, its a combination of (mostly) genetics and hard work. As a model, this body is her job. Even the most genetically gifted among us probably don't have the time necessary to put in the work it would take to look like this. Not while holding down a day job anyway.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    vczk2t15 wrote: »

Sure, if your definition of normal is the average overweight American. Otherwise, I don't know what's abnormal about her. She looks like what an athletic and fit woman with her body shape would normally look like. Goes to show how the obesity epidemic has clouded people's understanding of what normal is.

I disagree that the proportions of her breasts, waist, and hips are that of an average athletic and fit woman.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's actually a "fitness" goal....physique doesn't necessarily have anything to do with fitness aspirations. Also, a lot of physique is genetic.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

Yep, agree! And having met her at a few shows and taken pictures with her she does look like that! *kitten*! Haha! But is is constantly also posting on her FB and IG nutrition and exercise tips.