70lbs to lose. Save me!

Options
amee7x
amee7x Posts: 4 Member
Hiya guys I'm Amy, 22, and I have a long way to go. Could seriously use some help from anyone! Feel free to add me and I'll help you out too :)
Anyone else just starting out?

Replies

• hkay8806
    hkay8806 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also working towards losing 60/70lbs. Hope this will help me!
  • diana5kids
    diana5kids Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 50 pounds..
  • Juanitazuniga
    Juanitazuniga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    55 years old, hypothyroid, two full knee replacements, menopausal, sedentary job, sitting 10-12 hours a day....every excuse under the sun.....I WILL get healthy!!! 190 to 135 here I come!
  • kaysaa90
    kaysaa90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    25, also hypothyroid & hashmitos disease. Looking to lose 80lbs!
  • seamsminkey
    seamsminkey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all I'm 35 looking to drop another 68 pounds. I started in June weighing in at 320lbs. Since then I'm down to 268. Feel free to add me.
  • sanjay_says
    sanjay_says Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 34 and just recently started. Feel free to add me!
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started off with 70lb's to lose to my first goal, now lost 42lbs, so guys feel free to add me x
  • Fit_Takes_Time
    Fit_Takes_Time Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have 90 pounds to lose! I am starting the 21 day fix on Monday, but starting to exercise and workout as of today! Definitely feel free to add me!
  • lisacolemanpatrick
    Options
    Hi, 52, hypothyroid too, menopausal, bad back that make exercise hard. Need to lose 90 lbs.
    What is the 21 day fix?
  • lmcginley02
    lmcginley02 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will add you i am looking to loose at least 50 too, I could stand to lose 70 but im starting with smaller goals. The support on this site is great :)
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    21 days? there is no fix in 21 days but there is a fix as a life long commitment for health !
  • lisacolemanpatrick
    Options
    I know that lemonychild, that's just what I was talking to my daughter about yesterday. It has to be a complete life change. I'm going to eat healthy and clean, I understand it will be slow, but I know I will be healthy!
  • RichBrad99
    RichBrad99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've dropped about 115 since I started two years ago--and am too aiming to drop my last 50-70 pounds. My best advice is to look to your diet, start small and start sustainable.

I did start with Weight Watchers, but quickly evolved into using calorie and macro tracking with MFP. Then about a year ago I started with a trainer and working out consistently.

My best recommendation for a small start is to cook all your meals at home for a week, and bring your lunches to work, along with tracking every bite, lick, and taste in MFP.

If you can accomplish that, then start the next week by buying more and more natural or unprocessed foods. Not only will your body start to process these foods better, they generally are more nutritious and will give you more volume to eat, making you fuller longer.

They say it takes 30 days to break a habit, and 30 days to make a habit. So it may not come as second nature. Don't be too hard on yourself. Be realistic and understand it didn't come on overnight, and won't come off overnight. Despite being in the gym 5-6x a week, I'm only losing about .5-1.0 on a good week...your body will change over time, and adjust, so just stick to the plan and keep forging forward.

Make the best plan for you, and keep to it. Best of luck, and if you believe in yourself, you'll do great!
  • DebraFryar
    DebraFryar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Debra, i need to lose more than 70. At 250, this is the heaviest I have ever been. I can use all the help I can get.

• MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I started mfp back at the end of May with a goal to lose 79 pounds. As of yesterday I have lost 40.2 pounds. I am 46, 4"11' and currently weigh 183.8. My goal weight set by my doctor is 145. I log and weigh everything I eat. I keep telling everyone that I am not on a diet, I can eat anything as long as it fits in my calories for the day. Some days I eat all of my exercise calories and some days I don't. I have a fitbit flex and I almost always get around 7,000 steps a day. I work full time as a receptionist and part time on the weekends at a box office selling tickets. I am trying to go to the gym at least 3X a week after work. I also try to walk between 15-30 minutes a day at lunch. Feel free to add me. I currently have a closed diary but I am thinking about opening it again.
  • SkylerM28
    SkylerM28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 26. I have a goal of losing 80 lbs and have lost 20 since August. I'll add you. We could all use the support!:)
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    PS< If you had told me last May 22nd that I would weigh 183.8 today I don't think I would have believed you. You can do this. Good luck
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi... my goal is to lose at least 50lbs.... you guys can ad me ....
  • bremingtonsteele
    Options
    28 and need to lose about 60-70 here! Have lost about 25 on MFP a couple of years back but gained it all back and then some. Wooopssss!
  • plantedinpots
    plantedinpots Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hey, i'm 21, turning 22 next week :) i'm here to lose my last 20 lbs, (which is now 16!!) having previously lost 65 lbs. I'd love to offer my support, motivation, whatever you need! I'll send you a request c: