..under calorie goal

Options
i have yet to see anyone complete their daily log and be over their caloric goal. Is it that people do not complete on days they are over, or is everyone on here just that disciplined...IJS.

Replies

• The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I eat what I say, and say what I eat. Except last Saturday. I have no idea how many calories I consumed. I'm honest about the calories I eat. Otherwise, it does me no good to log it.

**Edited to add the following**

I Blog my cheat meals....They are Epic! Hence the reason why I don't bother tracking them. 6000-12,000 calories. But hey, I have the day off...
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    i go over by just a few cals some days...others I'm under. depends on my level of exercise. I'm brutally honest with myself...BRUTAL. It's a good thing and it makes me be better at eating better.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I try very hard not to go over, but when I have, I've logged it and it shows!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    :) Most people here on MFP are really committed. I've seen quite a few people over on some days, but it's hardly ever more than a few hundred. I log everything, but have just recently made my food diary open to my friends... So, they haven't seen the crap I've eaten before on my "cheat days." If I have a cheat day tomorrow as planned, I'm not logging any of it. I normally do, but I think it'd be really stressful for me to see bright, red numbers these days.

And, okay, I'll admit. I'm not very honest with my diary. I take a few bites of something here and there, and I don't even bother to log an estimate. And, some days, I'll adjust the serving size of things just a bit so that I'm not over on MFP... but in reality I am. Never by much though. :) It's like 1450 is an EXACT cut off limit for me, you know? I've been losing weight fine too.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    If you go over it doesn't say you're over. It just says XXX has completed their food diary for the day, rather than XXX has completed their food diary and is under their goal for the day.
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm over my goal today, and have been a couple of times this week. I log what I eat, even if that means I go over.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    the whole point of the food log is to do it and be honest about it. i have friends that go over often, and so do i. some of my friends have cheat days and put it all in there, and go quite over. some just don't log their cheat days. i had 1 really bad cheat day (no exercise and went 500 cals over), and that is pretty much the worst one i've seen!! often people just go over by a few cals.
    but there's no point in doing it if you're not doing it properly.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm usually over by at least a little bit once a week or so. I was over by 50ish yesterday. Last week I was over by a couple hundred. My goal is to be under 6 days a week and when I'm over to be over by less than 500 so I'm still at (even if it's tiny!) a calorie deficit for the day.
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    I always eat what I put down on my food tracker. I think we all go over what our calorie goals are, but stay under because of exercise. Most people plan meals a head of time (ME), so we know what our intake will be each day. For example, I knew I was going to have cake today because my twins graduated from elementary school, so I knew I had eat foods that are filling with fewer calories, plus workout.

There have been times when I have went over, but usually exercising brings it under, especially doing insanity and Shaun T yelling at you :laugh:
  • mauidream54
    Options
    Seriously right?!?! I log EVERYTHING I eat ... but I'm still under my goal =-/ which I'd happily make up with a donut =) but that's not allowed! =) Then after I log my exercise ... BAM ... even lower ... I've been trying to eat more veggies ....not helpin' though =)