New from UK, 46lb to lose!

Hi

I am new to this site. I am a 36 yr old man. My starting weight is 16st 11lb and I would like to get down to 13st 7lb in the next 6 months. Anybody that would like to help me and also get help and encouragement in return, then please add me as a friend. Let's do this!

Thanks

Dan

Replies

• aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    hi! welcome and good luck!! add if you want
  • DanDare36
    DanDare36 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, will do, thanks!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    hi, i'm also from the UK. welcome and good luck. feel free to add if you want
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Hello, you can add me too if you like ... I lost a couple of stones a few years ago then put about 10lb back on, struggling to lose anything now on 1200 cals a day because I almost always eat far too much - doesn't seem like much when I'm eating though! Had to stop exercising too recently due to a sprain and can't get back into it.
  • javabean161
    javabean161 Posts: 10 Member
    Good Luck --
    So far this year I have lost > 50 Lbs so my advice for you is to:

1) Religiously Track your food intake with an emphasis on Low Carbs and Higher Protein intake.
    2) Start an Exercise Routine AND STICK with it.
    3) Record both your Food and Exercise Tracking. I use MyFitnessPal and Runkeeper as apps to record my data.

I've had more than my share of weight plateaus this year but keep with your program and keep exercising. I Jog/Walk and when I started it was in the neighborhood of only a 2.25 mile loop. Fast forward 11 months and now I regularly Jog/Walk 8 to 10 miles/day usually 5 or 6 days a week. When weather is bad I use a Cross-Country Ski machine (much like an Elliptical Trainer).

Feel free to send me a Friend Request and I'd be happy to accept it.

Best of luck in your journey.

David