Meal Replacement Smoothies

Options
haleyjester
haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
Don't worry..not my diet plan for every meal..I would like to substitute a meal or snack for a shake instead. I need a good idea of how to make them homemade. And possibly a few different recipes!
Thanks

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, milk (or water), yoghurt, banana and nut butter, though you don't necessarily need protein powder.

Variations of powder, milk, water, yoghurt, coconut water, fruit, nut butters, flax seed oil, soaked chia seeds, oats etc.

• midg08
    midg08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All of mine use just frozen fruits, a scoop of protein powder if I want to, and almond milk. Frozen fruits eliminates the need for ice. Also I make green smoothies, but I hate greens. So I puree my greens and mix it with strong flavored fruits. The color is gross but you never taste the greens.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Forget the protein powder, use beans instead, cheaper without any added extras. Beans like chick peas, butter beans etc. Add 8 oz of carrot juice, 8 ounces of water, 1 can beans, 45 oz of sunflower seed butter and one frozen banana. You have enough for three servings throughout the day to add to your lunch and dinner. Extremely filling and cheap and all plant based.
  • cajunblu
    cajunblu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When adding nut to my smoothies I buy PB2. It is a dehydrated peanut butter powder with the majority of the fat removed. If you need some of the at fat in your diet natural nut butters are great but if you are getting your intake elsewhere, PB2 is an awesome way to get flavour!

http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5/dp/B002GJ9JWS
  • GeorgiaKaye19
    GeorgiaKaye19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on the exante diet which is a 5:2 diet.. It's fab!
    The shakes only consist of 200 calories and have plenty of minerals in..
    I use mine when I am on a long day at work and then will have some fruit as a snack, to drink I have green tea and water to keep me going through the day.
  • Mizree13
    Mizree13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion socajam. I was looking for exactly something like this...glad I peeked in here. I'm using a powder right now...but was wanting something better. Ill try your idea out! Thank so much :)
  • mariposaholly
    mariposaholly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mizree13- let me know if you like it, that sounds like a great idea! I'm wondering if it is gritty with the beans though?
  • fayecheshire
    fayecheshire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Forget the protein powder, use beans instead, cheaper without any added extras. Beans like chick peas, butter beans etc. Add 8 oz of carrot juice, 8 ounces of water, 1 can beans, 45 oz of sunflower seed butter and one frozen banana. You have enough for three servings throughout the day to add to your lunch and dinner. Extremely filling and cheap and all plant based.

• jacksonjillian
    jacksonjillian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out Harley Pasternak's books. He has the best smoothie recipes;!!

• littleladie13
    littleladie13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    nutri bullet.com has great recipies