Anybody else trying to gain weight?

Options
Finding it very hard to find anybody else gaining weight (not for muscle etc), if anyone is add me and we can share tips and motivate

Replies

• NikaBlake
    NikaBlake Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm also trying to gain weight and definitely feel the struggle in finding people who understand where I'm coming from. I'm also not trying to become a muscle woman :joy: just wanting to feel a little healthier and stronger in myself. But hey, here there are quite a few like us and it's awesome! Feel free to add me, I'm also looking to motivate and get motivated :smiley:
  • BrianOconnor1
    BrianOconnor1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    People don't realise that there are just as many people needing to gain weight to be healthy however there isn't as much help out there so we should all try and stick together to help each other
  • Rockyjedan
    Rockyjedan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it's harder to gain weight than loosing it
    I know lot of people will disagree with this
  • NikaBlake
    Options
    ariana241 wrote: »
    I think it's harder to gain weight than loosing it
    I know lot of people will disagree with this

I guess it would depend on your individual metabolism/diet/lifestyle etc. Plus personally I've never tried to lose before. What I can definitely agree with however, is that YES gaining flamin sure is HARD!! Who would have thought lol
  • cybeast
    cybeast Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can say for me it IS DEFINITELY HARDER to gain weight than loose it. I stopped smoking 7 yrs ago and lost 20 lbs in less than a month. Anyone have any suggestion on hot beverages to substitute the shakes. Cold weather is setting in and I am again at the point of giving up or freezing.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Forever gainer checking in!
  • mariadalmadi
    mariadalmadi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Swapp the shake with hot chocolate .with milk+ cream+ marshmallows. It's delicious!
  • mariadalmadi
    mariadalmadi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Complan chicken soup ! You can buy in pharmacy
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    cybeast wrote: »
    I can say for me it IS DEFINITELY HARDER to gain weight than loose it. I stopped smoking 7 yrs ago and lost 20 lbs in less than a month. Anyone have any suggestion on hot beverages to substitute the shakes. Cold weather is setting in and I am again at the point of giving up or freezing.

Make your shake with warm milk.
  • cybeast
    cybeast Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion of the hot chocolate (to simply). I always made my hot chocolate with water, because warm milk sits to heavy on my stomach. I like my coffee in the mornings into the early afternoons and flavored hot tea the rest of the day. I mixed a package of dark chocolate sensation hot cocoa mix with a scoop of the whey protein powder, a cup of warm milk and a cup of spiced chi tea and again this morning using coffee. Again thanks I'm getting my cake and eating it to.
  • Al48feelingreat
    Al48feelingreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's genetics and lifestyle dependant really

If your into heavy weightlifting with long rest periods you will gain if u have a calorie surplus
  • dpistachio
    dpistachio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finding it very hard to find anybody else gaining weight (not for muscle etc), if anyone is add me and we can share tips and motivate

Hi I will add you! I installed this app today in hopes of starting to watch my caloric intake & hopefully learn some hopeful tips!
  • taeil12
    taeil12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Guys you exist, I find you! I was first looking on french site (like facebook or forum) but that's really difficult to find people who want to gain weight. I'm also looking for motivation and sharing tips in a long time exchange, does anybody want to exchange skype? Or e-mail but I think skype is more usefull. ^^
  • johnnyThi
    johnnyThi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Genetics and your rate of metabolism is a factor. So it's easier for some than others. But keep pushing! you'll get there.
  • NikaBlake
    Options
    cybeast wrote: »
    I mixed a package of dark chocolate sensation hot cocoa mix with a scoop of the whey protein powder, a cup of warm milk and a cup of spiced chi tea and again this morning using coffee. Again thanks I'm getting my cake and eating it to.

I like the idea of mixing the protein powder with hot chocolate...I love hot chocolate! Plus, I'm getting a little bored of the protein shakes and don't feel like having a mega shake EVERY day, so I will be trying this. Leaving out the coffee though...not a lover of coffee :smile: