Weight loss plateau?

Options
Hi! I believe that I am currently in a weight loss plateau and I want to figure out a way to continue losing weight.

Here is a little about me. I am a 23 woman, 5' 11" and i have lost over 60 lbs in the last year (from 230 to 168). I have a "lightly active" job, and I have a 1500 calorie quota that I do not go over. I work out 3-4 times/week mixing cardio and strength training. I am a vegetarian that stays away from processed foods most of the time and eats very healthy.

I have not been able to lose any weight in the last month or so. Any suggestions or advice?

Thank you!

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, you're either overestimating your calorie burns from exercise or underestimating your intake. You can get more specific advice if you open your diary. Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You may need to adjust your calorie goal... I know as I lost weight MFP has adjusted my calories down... I started at 245 in March at 1560 calories, and it dropped me down to 1360 at some point, then 1280, and now 1200 at 174 lbs...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    When you get closer to your goal weight your tracking has to be accurate.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • libaroni
    libaroni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I made my diary public.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,616 Member
    Options
    Are you not logging everything or are you just not eating?

If you're not logging (and weighing) everything, you're most likely eating more than the 1500 you think you are.

If you're not eating....stop that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your logging is spotty and incomplete. If that is actually what you are eating, you are eating too little.

At this point people will come in and say that eating too little is not what is causing a plateau. Regardless, there is no reason for a moderately active woman at your weight and height to eat so little. Your TDEE should be around 2500. You're either eating more than what you are logging or you are eating so little that you are experiencing water retention due to cortisol issues, which is masking fat loss at the scale.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Your logging is spotty and incomplete. If that is actually what you are eating, you are eating too little.

At this point people will come in and say that eating too little is not what is causing a plateau. Regardless, there is no reason for a moderately active woman at your weight and height to eat so little. Your TDEE should be around 2500. You're either eating more than what you are logging or you are eating so little that you are experiencing water retention due to cortisol issues, which is masking fat loss at the scale.

Yep yep yep!! I definitely have lost better (faster) while making sure Im eating enough. I wasnt losing at 1400, but I am at 16-1700
  • libaroni
    libaroni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have just been pretty inconsistent with my logging recently. Im having trouble keeping up with the logging. Any advice for that?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why exactly? Logging only takes a few minutes and you can enter food and exercise on your phone as well. Pretty darn easy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    5'11, 168 pounds? I'm 5'9" and my goal is 165. Maybe your goal is too ambitious. I could be wrong, and your frame may well have a lower goal weight.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5'11, 168 pounds? I'm 5'9" and my goal is 165. Maybe your goal is too ambitious. I could be wrong, and your frame may well have a lower goal weight.

I am 5'9 just hit 149 today and am aiming for about 10 more pounds, it all depends on frame I am pretty sure.

I would guess it is the not logging, how can you know if you are going over your 1500 if you are not logging it? I know that my head doesn't want to admit a piece of cake can be 300 calories but it can, so if I wasn't logging it I bet I would happily tell myself it was only 150 :)