Tough Love

lilybelle2929
lilybelle2929 Posts: 10 Member
edited November 2015 in Motivation and Support
For all the other Catholics (or just people who need a kick in the butt instead of coddling) out there... I am combining threads for some "tough love" after falling off the wagon. Here's a thread for people to post a:

1) confession
2) "wakeup call" or kick in the butt moment
3) "penance" (or constructive action plan
.. whatever floats your boat- just no self-flagellation, metaphoric or literal ;))

Replies

• lilybelle2929
    I'll start:

1) have been traveling, unmotivated, and eating like crap (double my caloric quota, tons of sugar) for the past 12 days. I'm too scared to get on the scale even.
    2) my other half pinched the love handle OF A LOVE HANDLE and jiggled it today. Ouch...
    3) drinking at least 3 glasses of green tea for the next day or two, starting now. Also headed to the gym for at least an hour now.

Who's with me?????
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Does this have anything to do with avoiding Starbucks pumpkin latte?
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    ?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    so confused..

And also with you
  • lilybelle2929
    I accidentally posted before finishing my post earlier. Here is what I meant to post:

---
    For all the other Catholics (or just people who need a kick in the butt instead of coddling) out there... I am combining threads for some "tough love" after falling off the wagon. Here's a thread for people to post a:

1) confession
    2) "wakeup call" or kick in the butt moment
    3) "penance" (or constructive action plan
    .. whatever floats your boat- just no self-flagellation, metaphoric or literal ;))
    --
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    No self-flagellation? But it combines cardio and upper body strength work!
  • lilybelle2929
    Haha ok well maybe just a little... as long as you log it
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Whu?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member

I hope not, especially since pumpkin everything is seasonal.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,467 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Pumpkin is pretty much year round in Australia ... only it's not sweet. You won't likely find pumpkin lattes but you will find pumpkin soup and roast pumpkin and pumpkin risotto. All so good with a bit of pepper and curry. :)

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Sorry, tough love is frowned upon here. Coddling is de rigeur.
  • Machka9
    Some of us prefer not think of our diet and exercise as "penance". :)

One of the things I decided when I signed on with MFP was that if I only had a certain number of calories to work with, I was going to eat only foods I liked ... so my diet isn't overly restrictive. Plus since I've been here, the variety of foods I eat has increased and I have discovered some really good low-cal options.

And when it comes to exercise, I love being active. I'm grouchy and restless when I can't be as active as I would like to be.

I took a planned "diet break" over the weekend last weekend. 3 days where I ate whatever I wanted to eat. And then on Monday, I picked up where I left off with my diet. I actually felt better for it. Sometimes it is good to have a little break.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

Pumpkin is pretty much year round in Australia ... only it's not sweet. You won't likely find pumpkin lattes but you will find pumpkin soup and roast pumpkin and pumpkin risotto. All so good with a bit of pepper and curry. :)

About a month ago I found these cookies with pumpkin filling and they were......so to die for.

I make penance for nothing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »

About a month ago I found these cookies with pumpkin filling and they were......so to die for.

I make penance for nothing.

It's probably a good thing I left Canada just when the whole pumpkin everything was taking off. :grin:

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited November 2015
    Trader Joe's cleared out all their pumpkin stuff to make way for gingerbread and peppermint everything.

I'm a no-longer-practicing-Catholic. I can't figure out if I should even post in this thread or not.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    No self-flagellation?

Nuns always told us that'd make us blind.

• SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    I've had impure thoughts about burgers with bacon, mushrooms, swiss and salami. I've lusted after wings.

I have a happy relationship with my nutrition but to say I struggle with fidelity would be understating the truth, perhaps even an outright lie. The other night I strayed. After spending a loving day with nutritious foods I went cruising through a seedier part of town and spent the night with chili cheese fries. It was cheap, full of regret and grease. It was also orgasmic. Salad never treated me like that. The things we did....

And I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar.

Forgive me.

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Never ashamed over MY Klondike Bar. I worked hard for that treat. 240 calories of Dark Chocolate heaven. Haven't had one that didn't fit in my totals since I started here though ;-)
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Spleen Thief, you are a hard core mortal sinner! I love it! (As Billy Joel said it best, "the sinners are much more fun!")
  • lilybelle2929
    Haha I love the way this thread has evolved. Of course the convo is open to anyone... I just thought that as a) a Catholic and b) Asian (two groups who can't get enough of the whole guilt trip thing), it might appeal to those who want the cathartic confessional experience...