How a simple skirt made me super happy! NSV!!!

Options
bjohs
bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
I had to share this with the MFP community. A couple months ago, I went through all of my clothes and got rid of anything that was too big for me. I know that I'll never go back to that size, so why hold on to them? I also got rid of anything that didn't flatter my figure. There were a few pieces of clothing that I boxed up until I could find a time to try them on before deciding what to do with them. I had purchased a super cute pencil skirt on sale a few years ago (still has the tags on it), but it was way too small at the time. I tried it on today hoping that it would fit... and it is way TOO BIG! No need holding on to it now... so out it goes!!! NSV!

Additional note: I'm 43, 5'2" and have had two children with my youngest turning 4 next week. At one point, I had gone up to a women's size 12 pant. When I started this journey, I was size 10. The skirt was size 6. I'm now size 4. I donated 5 totes of old clothes I had no intention of ever fitting in to again and it was liberating! :)

Never give up on your goals no matter how daunting they may seem some days!

Replies

• pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Thats great keep up the good work! I too have tossed all my "fat" people clothes. Its such a great feeling to get rid of the old you!! You are doing a great job!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You are brave to purge--I have been too scared to get rid of anything yet. However, I've been toying with the idea of going through my work clothes and getting rid of some pants that are too big. I'm a teacher and the school year is over and I plan to be even smaller when it starts up again in the fall. I think you've just inspired me. Thanks! :smile:
  • Finding_Tina
    Finding_Tina Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous NSV! Congrats.
  • bjohs
    Options
    Good for you!! You are brave to purge--I have been too scared to get rid of anything yet. However, I've been toying with the idea of going through my work clothes and getting rid of some pants that are too big. I'm a teacher and the school year is over and I plan to be even smaller when it starts up again in the fall. I think you've just inspired me. Thanks! :smile:

Do it!!! What are you waiting for? Do you ever plan to wear them again? I'm guessing not. :) I went from 6 drawers packed full, down to 4 empty drawers. I also cleared my closet from not being able to get anything else in there, to just a few hangers with a few new things I have purchased lately. I'm just over 3 lbs to goal and my reward will be to go shopping for a new wardrobe! I've been looking forward to that for months!!! Hopefully I'll be shopping by July. lol
  • bjohs
    Options
    Thats great keep up the good work! I too have tossed all my "fat" people clothes. Its such a great feeling to get rid of the old you!! You are doing a great job!

Thanks! It feels great, doesn't it?
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I have a skirt victory too. I love to go to yard/garage sales. I never looked at clothes because generally 444 lb gals have few enough clothes as it is, they are not selling them at a yard sale. A couple of weeks ago I was able to score two beautiful summer skirts for 25 cents each. Wore one today and received several compliments!! Thus fueling my yard sale obsession and motivating me to get to goal!!
  • bjohs
    Options
    What a fabulous NSV! Congrats.

Thank you!!! No one could wipe the smile from my face today. :)
  • bjohs
    Options
    Congrats!!! I have a skirt victory too. I love to go to yard/garage sales. I never looked at clothes because generally 444 lb gals have few enough clothes as it is, they are not selling them at a yard sale. A couple of weeks ago I was able to score two beautiful summer skirts for 25 cents each. Wore one today and received several compliments!! Thus fueling my yard sale obsession and motivating me to get to goal!!

You are doing a fabulous job too! Keep it up!
  • melhort
    melhort Posts: 31
    Options
    What a great feeling!! Last summer I too went through my closet and drawers......I kept a few of my "fat clothes"....I try them on every once and a while just to remind myself of what I don't want to go back too. I'm still struggling to shed the last 10-15 lbs but it sure feels good to go shopping these days :) keep up the great work ladies!!
  • bjohs
    Options
    What a great feeling!! Last summer I too went through my closet and drawers......I kept a few of my "fat clothes"....I try them on every once and a while just to remind myself of what I don't want to go back too. I'm still struggling to shed the last 10-15 lbs but it sure feels good to go shopping these days :) keep up the great work ladies!!

Yay for you! Do you find that you take more time and only buy things that you absolutely love now? I take a ton of clothes in to the dressing room with me and usually only leave with 1 or 2 items. I spend a lot more time than I used to (I hate the actual "shopping" part) but I don't regret any purchases anymore.
  • fearlessly
    fearlessly Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wahoo, congratulations!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Wahoo, congratulations!

Thanks fearlessly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!