Indulgent breakfast recipes?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I'm starting to realize that more indulgent breakfasts (read = stuff with fat) keep me fuller. I've had croissants, brioche, and French toast lately, 400-500 calories worth, and it keeps me full for 4 hours... more than pretty much anything else.

So... anyone got some nice, tasty, and not too hard recipes to share?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love a toasted english muffin, thickly spread with laughing cow cheese and topped with grilled asparagus and a poached egg on each. Works out to around 400 I believe and has a lovely balance of carbs, fat and protein.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm a pancake girl. My typical breakfast is big stack of pancakes, eggs, bacon, apple, tea. Around 600-700 cals. But its one of the only things that keeps me full until lunch (most of the time lol). Also waffles with nut butter or waffle sandwich w/ eggs, or english muffin w/ eggs, bacon and cheese.

The other thing I do that works...which is coming up as soon as I finish my pancakes....is oatmeal w/ nuts, fresh fruit, and flax. Not a small bowl either...huge bowl. Again, I'm looking for cal range....500-700.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I can't do oatmeal anymore, it makes me sick. Totally sucks!

I got to try pancakes again, but I'm a bit scared that it won't fill me up for some reason, lol.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Eggs Benedict

Om nom nom nom. I could live on a good eggs benedict.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I can't do oatmeal anymore, it makes me sick. Totally sucks!

I got to try pancakes again, but I'm a bit scared that it won't fill me up for some reason, lol.

I agree. I eat fruit for breakfast these days; oatmeal is rude to me.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Eggs Benedict

I have no idea how to make them, lol.
    Biscuits and gravy, for sure. I made biscuits from scratch the other day and calculated in the recipe builder that each biscuit was about 180 calories, and a serving of sausage gravy (which I took to be 1/6 of a recipe) was around 290 calories. So one biscuit and gravy is almost 500 calories, and most people can stuff two servings down their gullet which makes for a VERY indulgent breakfast :)

I don't do low-fat, low-cal or "diet" anything so you could probably use skim milk, or drain some of the fat or use turkey sausage if you feel you must make it slightly less calorific... but then you are eating an inferior product and life's too short to waste calories on mediocre food in my opinion!

Forgot to add - my recipe for biscuits is Southern Buttermilk Biscuits from food.com, and the gravy is Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy. The gravy is dead simple to make and only includes sausage, flour, milk, and seasoning. Biscuits are a little more involved but of course you could make them from a can.

This sounds delicious!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this qualifies, but I'm addicted to toasted English muffin spread with avocado and topped with hard boiled eggseggs, salt and pepper.. So freakin good!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes. I make them with banana and oats though but you can make them without oats I suppose. top with greek yoghurt and fresh fruit.

Omelet - 3 eggs, 200 g veg + homemade bread

just under 500 cals both of those

keeps me full from 6.30 am to 10.30am but that's when I have first lunch anyway so it works well. I can't do lunch at normal people's lunchtime. I have lunches at 10.30 and then about 2.30-3pm
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict
    Yes! I also make a variation without Canadian bacon and with steamed asparagus and fresh chopped tomatoes. It's awesome!
  • Orione2
    Orione2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad (sugar free) with Zero fat greek plain yoghrt and a few nuts. Followed by a (mushroom (water sauteed mushrooms)omlette. Does me till lunch time. Some times i indulge in smoked salmon and scrambled egg. I dont eat any grains these days as they give me the muncjies by 11.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    On my big breakfast days I have either 6 homemade pancakes with butter (I don't like syrup) 500-600 cals, French Toast 4 pcs with butter 290 or more depending on the bread, or 2 sausage patties, a hashbrown patty, 1 egg, 2 pcs of toast with butter 490cals.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Protein is what you need! This is what I have (In a small 1/2 pint mason jar)

Bottom layer: 1/3 cup oats and 1/3 cup milk
    Layer of frozen berries
    Layer on top 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt, low-fat
    Layer of frozen berries

Leave it overnight in the mason jar, and in the morning pour it into a bowl, throw in an equal, and mix it up. :)
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I like banana nut oatmeal. I dont have a real recipe but I make it with milk and old fashioned oats, a ripe banana mashed in, some walnuts and maaaaybe a little honey. Mmmmm soo good! I may need to make some this weekend!
  • stac928
    stac928 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    black bean burger patty, guacomole, and a poached egg the combo of fat and protein keeps me going and the richness of the egg and avocado feel indulgent (though i can do this breakfast for 270 calories so it's really not indulgent)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Lots of breakfast items can be glammed up with some high quality cocoa powder: yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes, homemade oatmeal bars.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If i'm feeling super indulgent i'll do the following:

French toast: 3 eggs, a splash of milk, a teaspoon sugar, a teaspoon brown sugar, and some vanilla extract. I also cook them in 1 tablespoon butter.

3 scrambled eggs cooked in 1 tablespoon butter.

i top the eggs with a few splashes of hot sauce and the french toast with sugar free strawberry preserves.
    Total calories: 650. Fat: 39. Protein: 27. Fiber: 7.

And this is usually SUPER filling. I can't possibly eat anymore after this.

Or, i'll do a pb&j oatmeal. I cook oats with full fat milk. I add a tablespoon of peanut butter, a tablespoon of salted peanuts that i chop, and 2 tablespoons of sugar free strawberry preserves.
  • erindellamore
    erindellamore Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I follow a keto eating plan and make a quiche every few days to split up into 8 servings - 4 days of breakfast for my husband and I. It's amazing and decadent and the reason I get out of bed in the morning.
    I blend in my stand mixer 1 1/2 cups cream and 4 eggs until I reach a thick and creamy consistency (low speed). I cook either a lb of bacon or a whole roll of sausage and let it cool down. I cook half of a diced onion in the reserved fat and let that cool as well. I fold in 2 cups of shredded cheese into the thickened cream and egg batter and add 3/4 tsp. Mineral salt and 1/4 tsp. Black pepper. Then I fold in my meat and onion and pour evenly into a greased Pyrex pie pan and bake covered with foil at 415 degrees for 25 minutes. I then remove the foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
    The quiche is amazing and if you're leaning towards a high fat diet I think you'll really enjoy it. The one I made last night has 500 calories per slice with macros at 45g fat, 22g protein and 3g carbs. I would also recommend reading into high fat diets and see if you're interested in eating how I do. If you think you have energy now you'll be amazed how you feel in ketosis.