50lbs down with before/after pic!

Options
kristn__
kristn__ Posts: 31 Member
edited November 2015 in Success Stories
Hi Everyone!

I've read so many inspiring stories on here, I hit my original goal so I thought I could share mine!

When I saw the scale hit that 200lb mark I knew it was time for a change. I downloaded mfp, started cooking myself healthy meals and walking more. I still eat the foods I love in moderation - I can't give up my reese's pieces, I just can't! And didn't have to :)

The best advice I got at the beginning of my journey was to not consider this a diet, it's a lifestyle change. That stuck with me and that is exactly what I tell people that ask me how I've gotten here (and to buy a food scale!!).

I still have a bit more to go until I refocus myself to strength training entirely but I could not be prouder of myself! The renewed self confidence is an amazing feeling. Thanks to all the helpful and friendly people of mfp, it's amazing what this app can do. It really pushed me to change the way I was living and become accountable.

9 months, 50lbs down!

What a feeling! gwko2pfujvcl.jpg
kk.jpg 53.4K

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wow...great transformation. WTG!
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! You worked for it. You earned it! Congratulations
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look great :love: congrats to you!!
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    How long did it take u to loose the weight
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce! What a fantastic job! SO happy for you!
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You look great, congrats! Do you have any advise on how to lose the last 7 pounds?
  • kristn__
    Options
    ldtamika31 wrote: »
    How long did it take u to loose the weight

9 months!
  • kristn__
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    You look great, congrats! Do you have any advise on how to lose the last 7 pounds?

Keep your food log tight, make sure you are counting and weighing every single thing that goes into your mouth! And of course lots of water! Good luck!
  • kristn__
    Options
    Thanks for the love everyone! :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl congrats on your journey
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look so great and that was quick! I agree that we can't "diet"…
  • Hallie82
    Hallie82 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job thanks for sharing!!!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • glitterlizzy
    glitterlizzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome results from all your hard work, you look amazing!
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!!!! You look wonderful.
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • cat_phillips
    cat_phillips Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Way to stick with it! You look awesome :-).
  • Haleycz496
    Haleycz496 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What kind of physical activity do you typically do? How often and for how long?
  • burdett124
    burdett124 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kristn__ wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

I've read so many inspiring stories on here, I hit my original goal so I thought I could share mine!

When I saw the scale hit that 200lb mark I knew it was time for a change. I downloaded mfp, started cooking myself healthy meals and walking more. I still eat the foods I love in moderation - I can't give up my reese's pieces, I just can't! And didn't have to :)

The best advice I got at the beginning of my journey was to not consider this a diet, it's a lifestyle change. That stuck with me and that is exactly what I tell people that ask me how I've gotten here (and to buy a food scale!!).

I still have a bit more to go until I refocus myself to strength training entirely but I could not be prouder of myself! The renewed self confidence is an amazing feeling. Thanks to all the helpful and friendly people of mfp, it's amazing what this app can do. It really pushed me to change the way I was living and become accountable.

9 months, 50lbs down!

What a feeling! gwko2pfujvcl.jpg

Congrats, looking good. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!