Wouldn't it be nice if your body could talk to you?

Options
More so in plain english if you asked it questions?

Lol.

So i've been working really hard and taking comparison photos along the way.
Don't see any changes in my body between my 199lbs photo and my 184lbs photo.
So you know what i would love to ask my body? Where did those 16lbs come off of? Would of loved to see a difference in my hips, legs, arms or stomach but nope, i got zilch. Can i hash tag this as fat girl problems? lol

Replies

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You know they came from everywhere right? Thats why you cant tell yet!

But lordy yes I wish my body could talk back... I talk to it all the time.
  • brb2008
    Options
    Yeeeah, i know :tongue:

It is nice seeing the difference in my photos at 252 pounds compared to now! lol.. not hard to see some inches lost there!!

Oooh same! I have 316lb pics and 220lbs pics.... now there wont be any more pictures until Im back to 220 haha.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I feel that! I went from 167 to 160 at one point and asked my boyfriend if he saw any difference. His response? "Erh.. maybe a bit around the ribs? I don't know."

Hopefully there will be a big difference at my GW :smile:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons many of us suggest taking measurements. That way you see that your arms, thighs, hips and waist all lost inches.
  • brb2008
    Options
    LOL.. boyfriends, so honest, but.. so..honest LOL

How long to go before you hit 220 again brb2008?

and what is your goal weight superhero?

Ugh, like 40ish. Its the pits! I will never yo again.
  • brb2008
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons many of us suggest taking measurements. That way you see that your arms, thighs, hips and waist all lost inches.

Oh yes, I have barely dropped any pounds, kinda back and forth with the same 5 the past few weeks. But I took measurements 4 weeks apart and had lost 2.5inches total from my belly/waist/hips areas (combined)
    But yes measurements are very important.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    i wish i had taken measurements in the beginning, but i was thinking this would of been another try and fail like the last few times, however it doesn't seem like this time i am going to be quitting =) guess im gonna have to just suck it up hey? lol

You can start taking measurements now. I started measuring about a month after I started here, so I don't have my peak weight measurements, but I do have something for comparison. Since then I measure about every 2-3 weeks.

• Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I lost 30 pounds and I feel like I look the same. I know that I can wear smaller clothes so it did come off. Maybe from my butt, the one place I want to be bigger?
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I didn't take measurements either but I'm down 50+ pounds and I can tell by all the new clothes I have to keep buying that it's all going down so I try not to let it bother me lol
    I take photos every 10 pounds in the same pose so I can see the difference, luckily I have a wonderful husband that compares the previous photo to the new one and circles any place that looks smaller, he sees things I never do until he points it out.

I wish my body could talk to me though, if it would just tell me how much fat is on each spot then I could stop playing this bizarre game in the bath where I grope and jiggle basically every body part to guess how much fat is still on them, it's not like I'm going to win a stuffed animal for correctly guessing the weight lol
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    This is my idea! Some sort of body scan thingy and electrodes (LURVE electrodes, right?) in an app that shows you exactly where your most recent fat was burned. Help me code this... WE WILL BE THIN AND RICH!!!
  • thebozz7
    thebozz7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Must of the time you lose weight from your face and also you lose water that's what notice on myself but wow you've done great looking at your numbers
  • diyadiamonds
    diyadiamonds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Personally I think your body does talk to you, every single day. It may not be vocal, but you will feel what makes your body feel like crap, the feeling you get after you eat food that's not good for you - that's your body telling you it doesn't feel good too, the feeling you get when you exercise - the endorphins you release, that's your body communicating to you to let you know how good it feels. The same way if you put too much strain on your body it will literally tell you what you've done to it when you realize you have injured yourself.
  • fit2dend
    fit2dend Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Personally I think your body does talk to you, every single day. It may not be vocal, but you will feel what makes your body feel like crap, the feeling you get after you eat food that's not good for you - that's your body telling you it doesn't feel good too, the feeling you get when you exercise - the endorphins you release, that's your body communicating to you to let you know how good it feels. The same way if you put too much strain on your body it will literally tell you what you've done to it when you realize you have injured yourself.

I totally agree! I see the pounds come off and wish I could tell my body where I want them gone. Overall, the clothes, the scale and feeling good is what counts. Don't worry about the things you can't control. Onward!
  • brb2008
    Options
    Zombella wrote: »
    I feel the same way! I lost 30 pounds and I feel like I look the same. I know that I can wear smaller clothes so it did come off. Maybe from my butt, the one place I want to be bigger?

The first time I lost 100lbs I totally lost my whole butt. This time I'm doing lots of butt/leg pilates from the start so I dont lose it again, I want a thin body but a fat behind! But fat with muscles.
  • gotowardstheroar
    gotowardstheroar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hitting daily calorie counts is key. Checking bar graphs under NUTRITION in MFP is a great way to monitor good and bad days. It truly talks to you .