Recipes for oats ??

Options
killafitnessxo
killafitnessxo Posts: 23 Member
I can't stand the taste of plain oats and adding some cinnamon just doesn't cut it! Any yummy recipes ?

Replies

• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    try thiscook as usual with water. Add 1 tsp ground walnut and 1-2 containers FF french vanila coffee creamer. Also try over night 1 serv oatmeal, 1 cup Kefir and 1 tbs grund walnut.stir sit over night in fridge. OMG!!!! Kefir is fermented yogurt which sounds gross, but with oatmeal it is magical. It is filled with probiotics,so good for your gut.Usually found by the yogurt.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I like mine with golden syrup. Also I sometimes do overnight oats with grated apple, cinnamon and raisins.... reminds me of apple pie - yum!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
  • KitCat_87
    KitCat_87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup oats in water, then add a tiny handful of dried cranberries, 1/2 banana, and 1 small scoop of any type of nut butter.... so good!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Google recipes for oats. There will be plenty!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    100 gram of apple and a bit of water. 10 minutes in the microwave ( or till apple is cooked)

than add cinnamon/nuts/ cookie spice, milk etc etc and your oats and back in the microwave for 1.30 minutes.
    jqrb1v33p83b.jpg

yummie

95069916.png
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Savoury oat porridge , afyohorb9bhp.jpeg
  • ellecollins188
    ellecollins188 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Banana, dates and a drizzle of maple syrup or mixed berries and cinnamon, or blueberries and banana, really any fruits! And toppings like shredded coconut, maple, almonds, strawberries are good
  • killafitnessxo
    Options
    Thank you they all sound delious !
  • killafitnessxo
    Options
    100 gram of apple and a bit of water. 10 minutes in the microwave ( or till apple is cooked)

than add cinnamon/nuts/ cookie spice, milk etc etc and your oats and back in the microwave for 1.30 minutes.
    jqrb1v33p83b.jpg

yummie

95069916.png

This is very simple and looks great ! I will try this first thank you
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    try it with vanilla greek yougurt
  • killafitnessxo
    Options
    conniehgtv wrote: »
    try thiscook as usual with water. Add 1 tsp ground walnut and 1-2 containers FF french vanila coffee creamer. Also try over night 1 serv oatmeal, 1 cup Kefir and 1 tbs grund walnut.stir sit over night in fridge. OMG!!!! Kefir is fermented yogurt which sounds gross, but with oatmeal it is magical. It is filled with probiotics,so good for your gut.Usually found by the yogurt.

Sounds amazing . I wonder if I could find sugar free creamer . Thank you
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I don't like sweet breakfasts, but this Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries is amazing. You can bake it up and eat it over the course of a week or even freeze portions to microwave every morning.
    baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and-bananas.jpg
  • killafitnessxo
    Options
    I don't like sweet breakfasts, but this Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries is amazing. You can bake it up and eat it over the course of a week or even freeze portions to microwave every morning.
    baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and-bananas.jpg

I'm a big carb girl but I'm trying to cut them out and oats is a great way . This looks great ! Thank you
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
    Oats are a delicious carb. With some protein and fiber for good measure. I agree that those baked oats look delicious.

OP, you might try a pinch of salt with your oatmeal as well.
  • killafitnessxo
    Options
    The only way I like them now is making protein pancakes .. 2eggs whites, mashed 1/2 banana 1/3 c of oats and Cinnamon. I try and stay away from sugar but oats are so plain it's hard too .
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    How I eat it (generally; my recipe does vary from week to week):

1 cup steel cut oats
    3 cups unsweetened almond milk
    1.5 oz. nuts of your choice (peanuts, almonds, etc)
    1 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1-3 tsp. of cinnamon, to taste

Cook on stovetop 15-20 minutes, adding other ingredients to oats and milk during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking. Makes 3 servings that I eat every other day for a week. This is my sweet/salty variety, and it's not too terrible when it comes to sugar. Sometimes I use raw apple chunks instead of applesauce, or peanut butter instead of nuts. If you must have sweetness, honey is better than sugar and has 60 calories per tablespoon.
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    make it with milk instead of water and add blueberries?

or yogurt ( and maybe some honey and a fruit)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Oats (8 servings)

calories per serving 215

• 8 servings of oatmeal (I like the texture of steel cut)
    • 1 - 15 oz can pure pumpkin
    • 0.25 cup, Splenda/stevia
    • 1/2 teaspoon, pumpkin pie spice
    • 0.25 tsp, salt

(optional) Add 2 Tablespoon of Coffee Mate (sugar free) Pumpkin Spice creamer to cooked oats. You might add more spice to pumpkin if not using creamer.

Instead of making 8 servings at once, I divide the pumpkin mixture by 8, and freeze. Then I add 1 thawed container to oats half way thru cooking.