any advice?

Options
Hi all
I've been struggling with my weight for years. My highest is 77kg and the lowest I got to is 70kg!! I've not been under 70 in 7 years since having my son!!
I get disheartened and demotivated when I feel I'm not losing and binge eat and within a week I'm back up again. I do take measurements and I lost a few inches which I then regained. I don't know what to do!! I've restarted this journey determined as I need to lose 65lb and I'm trying to lose 1 pound a week. I got down to 74kg and I want to keep going down but I'm afraid I won't be able too. Should I stick to it or shall I do a low calorie diet to push my body to lose or should I exercise please help.
I've got a fitbit and I get over 15000 steps daily and burn 2200 calories without exercise and I'm currently eating 1600. I don't log my food on mfp always I'm weird like that I write it all in a notebook and I do have a app which I log my daily weight in to see the trend.
But I've been on and off so many times ...I don't know...please help!!

Replies

• BigMikeP81
    BigMikeP81 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Honestly I find logging everything on mfp is extremely helpful. You have to do what is going to work for you though. Last year I lost 60 lbs in three months using mfp but had open heart surgery and became immobile which I gained it all back. I have lost 30 so far thanks to logging everything. I wish you the best of luck.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying painterm81 I will try logging and see how I progress!:)
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    These are the steps that are helping me stay consistent.

1. Food scale: I'm weighing and preparing 97% of my meals. Studies show we are terrible at estimating our intake by a median 30%.

2. Log everything: Everyone forgets little things, and sometimes we deliberately omit. It's just how we function. The problem is then we don't understand why it isn't working. Along with this is watch your selections from the database. Make sure they are accurate.

3. Be flexible and patient: One day over doesn't effect much. I was over 3 days last week, still losing because I was at a deficit overall. Neither does one day under. Pay attention to the big picture. Look at your week trend.

4. Dietary Fat doesn't make one fat: I eat slightly more on my fats and proteins because it leaves me feeling more satiated and full for longer periods of time. It helps me stay in control of my appetite.

5. Exercise is important and not important: Exercise is great for cardiovascular health and hundreds of other physiological and psychological mechanisms. It doesn't however help us out wit our calorie intake as much as we would like.