Frustrated!!!!!!

Options
I am so frustrated! Last weekend I went out with friends for a meal and some drinks. (I haven't had any alcohol for 1 month) I was careful with my food choices and didn't have desert, but I enjoyed myself as it was just the one meal! I had 3 glasses of wine. Come Monday morning I had put 4lbs on!!! It has taken me until today to lose 3lbs by being extra careful all week. I am so so upset. I am loosing my motivation as I am feeling like I can't win this battle :( as it is so restrictive to feel like I can't go out for a meal with my friends.
Does anyone else have problems like this?

Replies

• angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The gain will have just been water weight and *will* come off - relax about temporary gains and trust that being consistent most of the time does work. Maybe next time don't weigh until a week after and you will miss the blip? I manage to fit alcohol in to my weeks by being more active, have a look at my diary if that helps.
  • LinderKay
    LinderKay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. It's a very minor set. Mainly mental not physical. Next time you go out have maybe just 1 glass of wine. Maybe drink a big glass of water before your main course is served; to keep your hands busy and fill you up a bit. If the weather is cold, order a pot of tea instead. Yes I have this problem too. Dieting can make me feel like I lost a good friend or special pet.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Those 3 lbs are most likely water and will come off in a few days, you didn't eat 3lbs worth of calories in one night out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    To gain 4 pounds of fat you'd have to eat 14000 extra calories.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Unless your meal was 14,000 calories, you did not gain 4 lbs of fat. You would experience mostly water gain from that.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I always feel bad whenever someone posts something like this because they're so misinformed about their own body and it makes me worried about their weight loss journey. As several posters stated, you'd have to eat an extra 14,000 calories to gain four pounds. It's water weight and will go away within a few days, which is why you already "dropped" three pounds of it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that to gain a lb of fat, you would have needed to eat roughly 3,500 calories over your maintenance calories, so unless you ate 14000 calories over your maintenance calories, it's just water. No need to worry.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking. You screw yourself for 3 days each time while your livers works to detoxify your body. You CANNOT burn fat while your liver does this, and you will store fat like crazy.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My friends have all jumped on the bandwagon with me. One even called and wanted a date.....to go eat salad. lol* Hang in. People respect what you're trying to do.