Options
13»

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ShashayLee wrote: »
    losing over 100 pounds sounds like a daunting number, but break it down into small chunks & it is totally doable. Take it 10 pounds at a time. I'm down 67 pounds now with around 40 more to go. It can be done!

Exactly this! How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

I set my first goal here as weighing 275. Then I changed it to 249, then 225, then 208 (no longer obese), then 199, etc.

Within one year I was down 120 pounds, and three months later I hit my goal weight of 175. (I a 5'11").

Now I've been (mostly) maintaining for three years!

It CAN be done, and it CAN be done happily, healthfully, and without misery. I'm living proof. Yes, it takes sacrifices but living a life where I can run, shop anywhere, keep up with my son, fit comfortably in a plane seat, go to the doctor without dreading stepping on the scale...the small sacrifices are most definitely worth it.

It seems overwhelming knowing you have so much to lose. I used to delay the choice to get healthy, focusing on how long it would take to get there. But it turns out that was the wrong attitude: the journey to get where I am was the best part of it. Hitting my goal weight was anticlimactic. Once I made the decision to live like a healthy person and committed to that decision, I WAS that healthy person. My body took awhile to catch up, but that was okay - every week I had new victories, on and off the scale.

Commit now to living a healthier life. That mental commitment is what matters. your body will follow along.

• jessifer41
    jessifer41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me also
  • Dlr1975
    Dlr1975 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose. Any feel free to add me.
  • trinityakatinka
    trinityakatinka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would like to add but I don't know how to.
    Sandie930 wrote: »
    Im also looking to loose 100lb or more i started 2 weeks ago xx

• triplets1211
    triplets1211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too - I have 85 lbs to lose. Need to get busy!
  • trinityakatinka
    trinityakatinka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I add.
    jessifer41 wrote: »
    You can add me also

• kaysaa90
    kaysaa90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • godinest
    godinest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 150. Now. That's crazy.
  • godinest
    godinest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel bete down and lost.sometimes I want to give up.you get very depresse
  • jessifer41
    jessifer41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GODINEST Never give up! Yes we have our bad days but pick your head up! You got this and you can do this :)
  • william_78552
    william_78552 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone i would like to lose 70 more i am down 25
  • bigjeff6469
    bigjeff6469 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me i have 138 to lose total so the struggle is so real..
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone. I've lost over 100 pounds (about 20 more to go), and would love to share and help in any way. God bless!
  • lisatwopoint0
    lisatwopoint0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I still have about 90 to lose and could use a friend or two along the way.
  • hancdon
    hancdon Posts: 20 Member
    Options

You can add me too that journey, I'm doing a restart at this and thought I would add friends this time it was too easy too quit on your own.
  • sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs overall to lose. I've lost 53 so far! Add me if you like
  • kaseyshapeup2015
    Options
    Hi, I am Kasey and I have about 70-90 pounds to lose. Since having cancer and not being able to get much exercise and all the swelling I have gained about 30 pounds. I have surgery next week on Thanksgiving and am looking forward to getting back on track and losing some weight and getting healthy. I would love to have some MFP friends to be on the healthy journey with me .