My last chance

Options
Just beginning and I have a big team of doctors behind me. So feeling like this is my last chance to get it right and have a chance at a fulfilling life.

Replies

• fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new chance to get it right! Take it one day at a time. Not sure how much you are looking to lose, but for me, breaking it down into smaller goals worked. (Down 50 lbs since March. 25-30 lbs to go.) Just know that everyday wont be perfect, but if you stumble, do better the next day-don't let it derail you. Sounds like you have a support system in your drs, so listen to them. They've probably helped many people thru this journey- use their experience and expertise. I wish you the best in your journey! It is one day at a time!
  • Mrs2Hall
    Mrs2Hall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks the words are encouraging. I will definitely be figuring out how to plan the small goals
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! One day at a time! - Melissa
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Welcome to MFP @Mrs2Hall! Glad you've got a support team and we're here for you too.

In my experience, having a positive attitude made a big difference. Trusting that I could succeed, and looking for ways to succeed, kept me motivated.

Look at what strengths you already have (emotional, physical, spiritual) that can work for you.

• Mrs2Hall
    Options
    Thank you @zorahgail
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    As long as you are still breathing you still have a chance. Having a wonderful support system is important. Sounds like you are off to a good start.
  • Mrs2Hall
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. It helps a lot.
  • KirstenDinnie
    KirstenDinnie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's never too late. Add me and we'll help keep each other on track! @KirstenDinnie
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    fourterrys wrote: »
    Every day is a new chance to get it right! Take it one day at a time.

Best attitude you can have, right there.
    Weight loss is not a one day/week/month/year battle; it's a lifelong war. You've got doctors, you've got MFP and you're building a support network but just remember, it lies only within you. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and accept not every day is going to be pure win; keep that in perspective and remember every single choice you make to better your health puts you one more step ahead than where you were yesterday :)
    good luck! And feel free to add me if you like.