Bought a weight watchers scale last sept and it is always of

Options
I even changed the batteries. I thinkI like my old dial scale better then DIGITAL. Dr office said 163 yesterday and myscale said 168. but last week it said 163. any body having issues with this brand of scale.

Replies

• Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Are you always weighing yourself at the same time of day while wearing the exact same thing?

Clothing and normal weight fluctuations during the day can easily cause swings of 3-5 lbs.

I always do my weigh-in first thing in the morning after my shower while naked. Takes most of the variables out of the equation.
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    Time of day, what you're wearing, what you've eaten, or how active you've been can cause your weight to fluctuate. So, if you're weighing naked in the morning before eating or showering, then it's going to be a different weight than the dr's office. I have a weight watchers scale and I prefer it to the others on the market. I haven't had any problems...however, your scale may have a defect. Exchange it for another one.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Huh...naw mine's pretty consistent. I haven't had to change the battery in over a year and my husband and I use it daily. You do have to step on it a little hard to get it to turn on sometimes, but that's about it. I've had it for about 3 years and I've only changed that battery once. :( Maybe they'll send you a replacement?

It only comes on when you tap it with your foot, otherwise it's in power save.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ours reads a few lbs more than the wii fit ..... but if you measure on the same scale all the time who cares
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    make sure you stand the same way and the same place on the scale. I had that issue too, but if you mark on it with a piece of tape where to put your feet it may help. Shifting your weight can alter the weight. Also stand still with shoulders relaxed. My scale at home usually has me four pounds lighter than the doctor's scale at the weight loss clinic. I use the dr scale for recording the weight loss. Also time of day, before or after a meal, water before having the chance to get rid of it can all factor in.
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    Wit my WW scale I can weigh myself, strip down naked and weigh myself again and gain 4 pounds instantly! My doctors scale always says I weigh about 4 pounds less than the WW scale does too... and that is from two different doctors offices whos scales said the same thing.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning in just my unders. Mine seems with in range with my doctors scale, his is usually one to two pounds up from what my morning weigh in was.
  • ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My ex husband bought me the WW scale bc I wouldn't buy it for myself. It was a pos! It was waaay off. I work for a doctor so one day I decided weighed myself at work and it was a good seven pounds off. Needless to say I was pissed.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I used to buy WW scales and after few months they would do that even after replacing the batteeries, I use Taylor scale now and have had it for a little over year now and it works perfectly it weighs 2-3 less than the doctors scale however at the doctors Im wearing more clothes to make up those few pounds difference plus being later in the day
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had a WW scale....that thing sucked. the weight was constantly off by 10 to 20lbs. I made sure to follow all the instructions and made sure to put it on a flat surface but still it didn't display accurate weight... I bought a different digital scale and the results are so much better.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    no problems with my WW scale.
  • Shluke206
    Shluke206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a WW scale that measures body fat that was kind of spendy and it's a piece of crap. I never know what the real weight is because it's like the weight gets "stuck" in it or something.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I think you're onto something here. My WW scale tells me I am 217.1. I step off. Let it turn off. Turn it back on. Step on. I am 211.4. Repeat steps, I am 218.1.

If I can get two of the same number, that is what I record, but it is like a step aerobics class just trying to get my wieght. I want to input it to my daily excercise. ;)

I am buying a new scale this weekend. I am fed up.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    godamnit now i wanna goto to bed bath and beyond tomorrow and get a new scale cause im in denial i know i can put the WW scale in different spots and get different readings so i have to take like 5 and take the one that reads the most ...... its TAYLOR time
  • mhadams2668
    mhadams2668 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HATE MY WEIGHT WATCHERS SCALE!
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    yup sometimes it is right and sometimes it is off by 7 or 8 pds. I weighed myself with and without luggage once and it weighed 10lbs more then what the airport got. I must have gotten a defect but I don't have my receipt anymore.