Weight Watchers drop out!

Options
2»

Replies

• mummytummy79
    mummytummy79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh Yay!!! I've just cancelled too. Have lots of things going on at the moment and just wasn't sticking to the plan so I've come back to MFP which allows me a bit more freedom and doesn't make me feel guilty if I have a little slip up >:)
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've used weight watchers in tge past but decided to do it on my own this time - please feel free to add me xx
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I used WW about 20 years ago but stopped after the group leader accused me of not sticking to the plan as I'd only lost 0.5lb in a week. Never mind that it was TOTM, that was irrelevant. Never went back or tried any other programmes. MPF works, I've lost more this way than any other and it just feels better :smile:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I used WW about 20 years ago but stopped after the group leader accused me of not sticking to the plan as I'd only lost 0.5lb in a week. Never mind that it was TOTM, that was irrelevant. Never went back or tried any other programmes. MPF works, I've lost more this way than any other and it just feels better :smile:

Unfortunately, this is a very common thing at WW. I *only* lost 0.5 one week too - and was told "Better luck next week!". Thanks to MFP, I can actually see that 0.5 is a fantastic achievement.
  • kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, this is a very common thing at WW. I *only* lost 0.5 one week too - and was told "Better luck next week!". Thanks to MFP, I can actually see that 0.5 is a fantastic achievement.

Damn, these two experiences are not acceptable. I have been in WW on and off since the mid 80's and I never encountered such rudeness. Where do you live? Although I am no longer with WW, rudeness and arrogance was never the reason why I left. Sorry the 2 of you had such negative experiences. I had the same experience on Physicians Weight Loss Diet, I was actually cheating by eating carbs though. It was my "fault" when I wasn't in ketosis. I never did a low carb diet since then.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that a few times with weight watchers!!! I lost and gained it all back, sometimes plus more! I am sooo happy with MFP app, this is way better for me and costs nothing! I got a gym membership with $ saved from paying ww! Anyone can add me, I am 40 yo mom living on the west coast! I have 60 lbs to lose! Let's do it!
  • skinnygirldc
    skinnygirldc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about everyone's bad experiences. :/ I became a lifetime member at WW many years ago, but I haven't attended a meeting in a long time. I went back to WW recently to take off the 10lbs that had crept on in middle age. I've had great success with WW recently (8 lbs gone so far). For me WW is much easier than MFP. I think its the accountability of the weekly weigh-ins, and the fact that counting is a little easier, since I eat a lot of fruits and non-starchy veggies and they are "free". I've actually been surprised that it has been easy to stick with.