I'd like to start a different kind of challenge for those wi

Options
I'm seeing so many challenges out there and I have more then 30 pounds to lose... but more then anything I'm looking to not just lose the pounds but tone my body as I am losing. Am keeping track of my overall inches lost. I'm looking to start a 12 week challenge of not only tracking weight lost but overall inches lost. If there are any others interested please message me. The measurements I'm currently measuring are
Weight
Neck
Bra Line
Natural Waist
Lower waist
Hips
Right Thigh
Left Thigh
Right Calf
Left Calf
Upper Right Arm
Upper Left Arm
Right Forearm
Left Forearm

Replies

• bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am 53 and can't do much exerciseing but willing to give it a shot for motivation. What is the difference between natural waist and lower waist?

When is this starting?

Bev
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but would also like more information as well.
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can count me in girl. Let us know when you know you're going to start and when we should take the measurements as our first record date.

I think it's a great idea.
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well! I think this is a great idea.
  • francinecowart
    Options
    hummmmmmmm i replied but it didn't show up:) count me in....could you explain how this is going to work, and each thing we are supposed to do everyday:)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I would like to join. I am 53 and can't do much exerciseing but willing to give it a shot for motivation. What is the difference between natural waist and lower waist?

When is this starting?

Bev

Your natural waist is just below your rib cage(smallest part of your waist) and your lower waist is just below your belly button (abdomen)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Count me in I am interested in toning too. I needed the explaination about waists too Bev.
    Keri
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    K here we go this is how it will work. I'm thinking a 12 week goal... I know this is a long time however for many it'll be a huge part of our journey. Your natural waist is where your jeans or pants rest... lower waist is where so many of us mom's are struggling to get rid of that persistant pooch. The measurements I used are those I've actually noticed a difference in since I've started this journey. It's what I've been keeping track of because it is often what determines the style or fit of our clothes. For those who have difficulty with some exercises I do have some material I can share. My mother can not do traditional crunches and I had to find alternatives for her as well as myself since I had a prior back injury. I think as many of us have weigh ins on Mondays we can do them on those days. I have a table I can tack everyone into that will calculate each persons not just weight loss but how many inches overall you are losing. If many of you are like me it's not about that number on the scale so much as it is I want to get healthy I want to lose the fat and don't mine replacing it with nice lean muscle. I'll start this on Monday June 13 and start keeping track from there. Just send me you're starting information on Monday and I'll tack you into the chart. LOL Now I'll just have to figure out how I'll tack the chart into these post. For our weekly one I'll show each person's overall inches loss and weight loss to go with their name. At the end I'll show what each person started at and what they finished at.
  • stariera
    Options
    K here we go this is how it will work. I'm thinking a 12 week goal... I know this is a long time however for many it'll be a huge part of our journey. Your natural waist is where your jeans or pants rest... lower waist is where so many of us mom's are struggling to get rid of that persistant pooch. The measurements I used are those I've actually noticed a difference in since I've started this journey. It's what I've been keeping track of because it is often what determines the style or fit of our clothes. For those who have difficulty with some exercises I do have some material I can share. My mother can not do traditional crunches and I had to find alternatives for her as well as myself since I had a prior back injury. I think as many of us have weigh ins on Mondays we can do them on those days. I have a table I can tack everyone into that will calculate each persons not just weight loss but how many inches overall you are losing. If many of you are like me it's not about that number on the scale so much as it is I want to get healthy I want to lose the fat and don't mine replacing it with nice lean muscle. I'll start this on Monday June 13 and start keeping track from there. Just send me you're starting information on Monday and I'll tack you into the chart. LOL Now I'll just have to figure out how I'll tack the chart into these post. For our weekly one I'll show each person's overall inches loss and weight loss to go with their name. At the end I'll show what each person started at and what they finished at.
    I'll post the results on Tuesdays once everyone has had a chance to send in their weigh ins.
  • stariera
    Options
    Ok here is the actual thread for the challenge and I am going to keep the one thread for the entire challenge as it is easier for most people to track it that way.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262114-inches-weight-loss-12-week-challenge

First weigh/measurement in on Monday