52 is the new 35!

Options
I registered here in order to track my exercise and food consumption and read the experiences of others, while sharing my own.

On my 50th birthday, a couple of years ago, as a new empty nester, I realized that I have a whole lot of life left to live. At the time, I had low energy, and felt like getting older wasn't going to be so much fun. My joints had started aching, and I wasn't sleeping well.

As an accountant, I had taken on a mammoth bankruptcy assignment that kept me working night and day for an entire year and a half. I later learned that I was Vitamin D deficient which explained my many joint aches. I started taking Vit D as well as other daily supplements, and bought a new mattress, and soon thereafter, I felt I had a whole new lease on life.

I've lost 15 pounds in the last 10 months via consistent exercise (4 times a week), which I got back into via Exercise TV (Comcast on Demand). I' ve since joined a gym, and I've toned up wonderfully, and reworked my metabolism by eating a healthy breakfast (which used to be coffee). I feel really good these days, like I did when I was 35!

However, it appears that I will only be able to lose those last 10 stubborn pounds if I start tracking my food intake, because portion control has never been something that I was very good at.

The tools at this site appear to be exactly what I was looking for, so I'm very glad to have found this place.

Replies

• jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    well done:flowerforyou:
  • flygirl123
    flygirl123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome, to the site! It is great! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a great site, the supper is fabulous. I'm glad your feeling better, since i joined MFP i have had more energy and get disgruntled if i miss out on a planned workout session, 3 months ago watching tv and drinking wine was what i did. I love it here, once again welcome and good luck.
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Lovin the topic heading :D

Well done on your achievements so far and welcome to MFP.
  • FrenchieCat
    Options
    Thanks! It's becoming easier with each day. It's lovely to be growing older, but to still wake up in the mornings having improved from the day before.....both mentally and physically!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great place to continue the journey you've already started! Oh, BTW, some of us feel that 52 would be the new 32! So that would buy you three years back right there alone! :smile: Have fun, and may your road always be what you want it to be!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your Fit Fifties!!! The human body is AMAZING!!!! Nothing can stand in your way!!! And - 54 is the new 32... :wink:
  • FrenchieCat
    Options
    like that one even better! :bigsmile:
  • earthyamber
    Options
    Good for You!! So encouraging to hear your success story!