21 year old (300+) looking for friends with similar goals

Options
Hello everyone this is my REAL second shot at this therefore I made a new account. I wasn't getting as much encouragement on my old account as I use to so I thought I might as well try again. I am 21 years old weigh about 33(SW 344) 7. The first time I lost weight I lost about 65 pounds but my starting weight was 301 so I gained everything back and more... I'm hoping I can lose weight again but learn from past mistakes not to gain it back I do struggle with food a lot. Anyway I am looking for friends who can encourage me as well as I encourage them.

Replies

• TalaNrys
    TalaNrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Jaz!

I just wanted you to know your not alone, and that I understand your struggle. It sucked, I had lost nearly 60lbs from my original start weight of 240. I gained it all back and more. So I'll certainly be lurking and commenting on here, we all need someone/s to help keep us accountable!
  • vinsmomma26
    vinsmomma26 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 years old and I weigh 210 right now..my goal is 40 lbs maybe even more. You can do this!! feel free to add me :)
  • melissaschleier
    melissaschleier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 33 years old and weigh almost 280. It's not the heaviest I've been, but pretty close. I've been doing small challenge groups and that has been super motivational! Feel free to add me.
  • desiraeharris16
    desiraeharris16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 30 years old and I weigh 425lbs. I'm actually at my heaviest but I have had my share of luck from trying to lose weight. But it seems as though I just gain the weight back over the years. I feel that with having this app on my phone I can now keep track of every calorie that I eat and it helps train my brain to decide whether I should eat certain things.
  • gibbs1993
    gibbs1993 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 22 and my highest weight was 305 in November of 2014. I got down to 255 but then regained back to 275. I started again almost 2 weeks ago and right now I'm about 265.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You young people are doing the right thing to address weight & health issues NOW and find a way to keep it off for life. It WILL catch up with you when you least expect it. i lost 30 lbs when I was 20, gained it back and more, lost 70 lbs when I was 30-31, gained back every year until I found myself at 301 at age 59!! In the last 17 months I've lost 118 lbs with 33 left to goal. If I can do it at this point in life, you can too!! Add me if you don't mind an 'old lady' but I still feel young!!