Stolen Bikes

Options
mentalbeat
mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
Hi MFP buddies,
As a very keen cyclist I am saddened to announce that my two beautiful fixed wheel road bikes have been stolen. Please could I ask all U>K> cyclists to be on the look out for these cycles being offered up for sale anywhere.
Message me on here or contact North Yorkshire Police 0845 6060247. My name is Jonathan Rose.

Replies

• JasonVickers
    JasonVickers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know someone who had a bike nicked in Strenny - witnesses saw some "Travellers" pull up in a BMW and steal it in broad daylight - police were informed but as with all of these "Traveller" thefts nothing seems to get done.

I had my two bikes nicked from my house in Heslington, police recovered them both after a few months, but then after I got them back they were stolen from exactly the same place the very next day..... still waiting.

Darn York bike theft!!!!!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Nice looking bikes, keep an eye out on Ebay or Gumtree , you never know they might turn up

good luck anyway
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know the feeling. My back was stolen in february and I continue to curse those a**holes, especially now that the weather is so nice.

Hope you get yours back. Good luck.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Best of luck finding these mate, but don't hold your breath :sad:
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know someone who had a bike nicked in Strenny - witnesses saw some "Travellers" pull up in a BMW and steal it in broad daylight - police were informed but as with all of these "Traveller" thefts nothing seems to get done.

I had my two bikes nicked from my house in Heslington, police recovered them both after a few months, but then after I got them back they were stolen from exactly the same place the very next day..... still waiting.

Darn York bike theft!!!!!
    I am in Strensall more info on these "travellers" would be appreciated. Do you know where they were based? Police just been and say there is not a lot they can do, they used gloves to break in the van.
  • rockster01
    Options
    Feel for you mate.I cant imagine how gutted i would feel if my bikes were nicked.Have you posted on any forums?Maybe MTBE.co.uk and Bikeradar.Possibly with some pics and a description.I go on MTBE regularly and people often post about bikes nicked.Hope you get them back.
  • smota
    smota Posts: 62
    Options
    Ohh noooo :((((

I don't ride - would love too, just doesn't fit my lifestyle these days - but I think I feel your pain.

Sorry to hear, I hope you find them :)
  • TheIncredibleShrinkingDan
    Options
    That really sucks, man. Good luck in recovering them. Occassionally they are recovered in places where stolen goods are fenced--Craigslist, pawn shops, eBay, etc--so I'll hope for the best. Unfortunately honest people generally don't know those places...
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I just ran five miles to my Dad's house and mowed the lawn for him as a surprise for when he gets back in town. But now I am beat and there's no way that I'm running home. So I think I'm going to "steal" his bike*.

I know this isn't really helpful to you, but it seemed relevant to me.
    -wtk
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Any news on these bikes?

Hopefully North Yoprkshire's Finest will have located them?
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    That's really cr*ppy. Good luck, hope you get them back OK.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Any news?