Plexus??

Options
I thought about trying Plexus (cleanse supplemental nutrition plan thing) because people say it gives you more energy (which I could really use) and just makes you feel better all around but I feel like it might be dumb with my diet. I don't eat very healthy and eat a lot of things like spaghetti o's, ramen noodles, grilled cheese, pizza, hot dogs, etc so idk if it'd be worth it or if the way I eat would just counteract anything it would do for me. Thoughts/Advice??

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    It'll make your wallet lighter, emptier, and therefore cleaner... that's about it.

Cleanses are all pretty much snake oil. Your body has processes that cleanse for you, and nothing short of dialysis will help with that... and the moment they stop working properly, you'll know because you'd be in the hospital.

Not trying to be harsh, but honest. Cleanses are bunk.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It'll make your wallet lighter, emptier, and therefore cleaner... that's about it.

Cleanses are all pretty much snake oil. Your body has processes that cleanse for you, and nothing short of dialysis will help with that... and the moment they stop working properly, you'll know because you'd be in the hospital.

Not trying to be harsh, but honest. Cleanses are bunk.

+1. You would be far better off spending a fraction of the money on some fresh and frozen veggies and an occasional grocery store rotisserie chicken or eggs to your spaghettios and grilled cheese. Then take a brisk walk :) And honestly, you can lose weight on what you're eating as long as it fits in your calories and keeps you satiated. You can do this without spending all that extra money!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    As soon as you see the words "cleanse" or "detox", run away. Your body has mechanisms to naturally "detox" itself and the commercial products are scams which do nothing beneficial. The only thing they'll cleanse is your wallet.
  • kweede14
    kweede14 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's actually like a cleanse but the company makes a lot of cleanse/detox type products. I'm not sure exactly how to describe what it is but I've heard good things about but I also think it might just be kind of a hype. This is the specific product that some people I know have tried but I. http://www.plexusworldwide.com/products/plexus-slim
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    To be honest... there is no magic pill, powder, formula, or product that will influence weight loss in any reasonable dose. If you take a second to think about it... if there were, would there be any overweight people at all?

Plexus is also an MLM or multilevel marketing scheme which are well known to be fraudulent and predatory. The way these companies make money is by getting more and more people to sell their products, which will most likely make you lose water weight during the initial course, and bring you back for a second round that will then have no effect as no product assists in fat loss.

This is just another form of crash-diet or fad diet.

You will have far more success following the plan that MFP lays out for you, learning good habits and losing weight slowly, healthily and sustainably.

Plexus peddlers are often kicked off the message boards for peddling their snake oil on here.

Do a forum search for Plexus and see the types of posts that show up... you might be surprised.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Plexus peddlers are often kicked off the message boards for peddling their snake oil on here.

You mean like posting links to their products? :wink: