GET RID OF MUMMY TUMMY!!!!

Options
My mummy tummy is horrible its the one area I want to change .....here is some advice which i am doing to try and get old tummy back.

1.Lose weight to reduce the size of it

2.Masasage creams/oils into it daily firmly for least 10 minutes to try to reduce the stretchmarks and improve circulation to the saggy skin to firm up! (if your stretch marks are red/purple in colour this is good as blood is still going to them keep massage them they will go. If they white/silver they can fade but will be with you forever :-( i have lots of these

3.DO NOT DO SIT UPS!!! this is an important one some people dont know by doing sit ups you pushing your stomach muscles out if your tummy is sticking OUT you need to work on the core muscles and sucking it IN once your inner stomach core muscles are strong it will be flater again then you can do sit ups and work on your abs after.

Do exercises such as the plank it looks easy but is hard (google image if unsure) other ones are lay on your back then raise feet of the ground and walk in the air making sure when you do these exercises to imagine a piece of string from your belly button and pull in towards your back.

Hope this helps x

Replies

• CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this...my mummy tummy is the only thing not shrinking at the moment and most likely because I've been doing sit-ups....*note to self* I need to start sucking it in more :)
  • MissInce26
    MissInce26 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    your welcome I also was making the mistake of doing sit ups !! but it does make sence to pull the stomach in. I have been getting back aches for ages and thought it was from lifting my chubby baby up all the time but I was told my back muscles are over compensating for the lack of strengh in my core stomach muscles so im really working on getting them strong now and hopefully a Flat tummy again x
  • Kezzarama
    Kezzarama Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there, i have had a mummy tummy for years and thought i was stuck with it, but i've been using hip hop abs dvd by Sean T, its fab and fun and i have lost 6 inches off my mummy tummy! totally recommend it! X
  • CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    your welcome I also was making the mistake of doing sit ups !! but it does make sence to pull the stomach in. I have been getting back aches for ages and thought it was from lifting my chubby baby up all the time but I was told my back muscles are over compensating for the lack of strengh in my core stomach muscles so im really working on getting them strong now and hopefully a Flat tummy again x

Oh gosh, I've had the same backache...always thought I had a strong core and was just struggling a bit with picking up my kids...it's all making sense now!
  • MissInce26
    Options
    wow 6 inches !! thats good and it does sound like a fun dvd which would be good to try as I cant always get out to exercise looking after my little ones. thanks:smile:
  • MissInce26
    Options
    Bump
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I just started JM 6 Week 6 Pack in addition to 30 Day Shred. You'll definitely find way more plank moves in there than crunches. Even her "crunches" aren't really crunches.

Be sure you ladies have you docs check for diastasis. I think you can check yourself at home though too if you look it up online.
  • MissInce26
    Options
    Diastasis??? Is that when your stomach muscles seperate because after my first baby I was told I had a hand wipth seperation of my muscles but im not really sure how to check now and does that mean i can never repair my core muscles and habe a flat tummy?

I just started JM 6 Week 6 Pack in addition to 30 Day Shred.

Iv not heard this before what is it?
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Some good information about diastasis recti and testing it at home. http://www.momsintofitness.com/faq-flat-stomachs-and-diastasis-recti
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Diastasis??? Is that when your stomach muscles separate
    I just started JM 6 Week 6 Pack in addition to 30 Day Shred.

Iv not heard this before what is it?

Yes, it's when there is separation. I'm pretty sure it improves the further post-partum you are, but don't quote me. I'm pretty sure that link PP put up should answer any ?s more accurately.

Those are DVD workout programs by Biggest Loser coach Jillian Michaels. You can get them for about $10 each at Wal-Mart.
  • MissInce26
    Options
    Thanks for the advice x