staying on track

Options
is there anyone else that eats when they get upset or use a special occasion to eat all the wrong things? then the next day one feels like it can never be fixed...or one can feel like starting over is to hard???...just a thought, ....i'm tired of feeling like a failure.....anyone else?

Replies

• jamantha
    jamantha Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I try to remember that I am working at being healthy for life, and life will have its ups and downs. And especially, that the ups - those celebrations and special occasions - are often marked socially with special food etc. So it's OK to join in and enjoy, because it's part of life, but for the moment at least to try not to be too excessive, and definitely not to feel guilty, but just go back to the healthy options the next day. It's not a case of starting again, because it hasn't been a failure, it's just part of life.
  • dduke01
    dduke01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Actually if you are active you are suppose to cheat once in a while. Most people choose a day during the week and some pick their resting day. I choose to use my vigorous workout day so I stiay under my total calorie count.
  • francinecowart
    Options
    heyyyyyyy cool!! thanks you guys:)
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    yep i eat everytime i'm either upset or depressed. ur not alone!
  • Ariyasnow1
    Ariyasnow1 Posts: 117
    Options
    Me too, especially when I'm tired! If I do find myself at the store and about the grab an unhealthy processed snack or a quick/easy processed dinner, I tell myself out loud "NO <insert name>, you know how you feel after you eat this crap and how you feel the next day. Don't do it <insert name>!" So far it has been working. I think hearing it outloud helps.

Good luck.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing right now. Still trying to get back on track.. :(