no time to excersise but losing anyway!

Options
Hey everyone if anyone out there reads this. I am dieting but doing it difrent then anything ive seen. I am mostly eating raw foods moring and lunch. Thinking of adding oatmeal to the AM for slow burn carbs. I eat a subway sandwich for dinner and a few granola snacks or trail mix snacks here and there. all this with about a gallon of water a day is the goal. my callories are at about 1500 just below. it is working and i am taking psillium husk supplements. i know i spelled that wrong.. I lost 6 pounds since i started @ 230 pounds now im down to about 224.8 .. this kid asked me if i was pregnant yesterday... I am a guy for starters but kids are cruel in their innocence.. but i came home and ate a 300 cal snack after that and messed up my callories for the day slightly. Its rough but I am back on my bandwagon and about to go have my moring smoothie.. yes its 230 in the afternoon.. I live on a difrent schedule than most due to work.. but I am dieting alone and everyone around me contunuously shows me the foods i miss just to be pricks. anyhow hi everyone nice to meet you and hope to hear from you.

Jeremiah aka Radsyn

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, Jeremiah. I think you might well find some people who are eating similar to you here. Good luck in your journey.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    One thing I know is that you can't worry about what others are eating. I work on a farm with all guys and none of them know what anything besides junk food and fast food is. They all think I am strange cause I bring my food everyday and if I trade trucks, my food goes with me. I don't want to get caught at food time without it. Even if we are out and go sit down somewhere to eat, my lunch goes with me. The restaurant owners don't mind, but it does embarrass one of the guys. I don't care. I am not going to weigh 600 lbs so that you aren't embarrassed that I am eating the healthy stuff I brought from home rather than the big mac and fries with a shake that you are shoving down your throat.

Go with this mentality and pretty soon it won't even bother ya.
  • routsongk
    routsongk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No time to exercise? Seriously? I don't buy it. Add 30 minutes of exercise per day (walking is great) and you won't have to give up so many foods (and others won't seem like "pricks") In my opinionm with the deprivation and lack of exercise, you're setting yourself up for failure.
  • Radsyn
    Radsyn Posts: 4
    Options
    nice to meet you all and thank you for the words of encourageent.. and dont buy i dont have time to excercise if you like. you have no clue. i work almost 15 hour days. have 2 kids to get everywhere. have a wife full time in university. and I have an hour and a half drive back and forth to work everyday. so dont buy it all by yourself. I didnt join this sight to listen to you tell me you dont believe me..
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi mate. Seems like you live a busy lifestyle and im in no position to question that... I guess with the exercise thing you could try and change little things? e.g walking upstairs rather than using lift? Not sure if you could adjust small things like this, which would make a difference?

Also a suggestion would be to try and do a tabata workout when you wake up? look it up on google, basically pick an exercise then do it flatout for 20seconds... stop for 10 seconds and repeat for the 4mintues.. surprising how much it gets u going, only a 4 minute workout but really gets you working. Surely you could make time for this? Only small changes but every little helps.

Good luck
  • Radsyn
    Options
    thanx dave. i can definatly manage that into my schedule!! I googled it and am going to start this tommorrow morning. thank you for the suggestion.
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    your welcome buddy. every little helps... keep us posted on how you are progressing. good luck
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi there - welcome!

My advice: baby steps

It takes a long time to find a food/fitness balance. For me it is 80/20. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with focusing on your food right now and learning about your body and what you need to eat to fuel your normal day and feel good. You can add fitness later. When you are ready you could try sit-ups, pushups, squats daily. 20 each? Modify them at first if you need to. Just a little something to get your heart rate up.
  • Radsyn
    Options
    tank you for the encouragement. I couldnt agree more. I am trying to add a little fitness here and there.. sit ups wouldnt be a bad idea since my stomach is what started the need for this diet in the first place.. I am riding my bike once a week now on my day off. I love mountain biking. In fact going to hit the trails a little later today!
  • Reese104
    Reese104 Posts: 26
    Options
    you have kids??? that alone is excercise. lol play a game, go to the park, chase them around the house or possibly go swimming?? Working a lot of hours is rough. I work a fair amount of hours as well. Stupid little things really add up. Walk to the store instead of drive or park your car farther from work. SOunds lame but it works. =) Im new too, so please dont think I am a know it all or whatever. I just find these things helpful for me.

Reese