Wanted: tricks to filling up / not eating as much

Options
Helloooooooo,

I think my biggest problem is the size of my servings. I eat too much for somebody that is quite small, but I find that I eat so much because I am so hungry and if I don't, I'm still hungry afterwards!

Does anybody have any tricks to filling up during the day so they don't eat big portions for lunch or dinner?

I have heard that you should drink water because sometimes you might think that you're hungry but really you are thirsty.

Any help greatly appreciated :D

Krystle

Replies

• Uptownerd
    Uptownerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Helloooooooo,

I think my biggest problem is the size of my servings. I eat too much for somebody that is quite small, but I find that I eat so much because I am so hungry and if I don't, I'm still hungry afterwards!

Does anybody have any tricks to filling up during the day so they don't eat big portions for lunch or dinner?

I have heard that you should drink water because sometimes you might think that you're hungry but really you are thirsty.

Any help greatly appreciated :D

Krystle
  • bob9304
    Options
    Drink water, fill up on veggies, eat every two hours or so small portions. Every little trick helps but sometimes you still find yourself hungry, I know I do, I just try to tough it out and it goes away.:drinker:
  • cottrell22
    Options
    Do you like veggies? Or fruit? I was always hungry and I am also quite small and was eating a lot. It's hard for me to go 3 hours w/o food! I started adding in more veggies to my diet and it seems to be helping. A lot of vegetables are low in calories but have tons of nutrients (double bonus!) Fruit is also good-but a little higher in calories. Some low cal veggies are: bell peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli (or broccolini if your stores have it), green beans, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and I'm sure there are others (just not coming to mind). Some good fruits are: oranges, apples, kiwi, grapefruit, small banana (about 90 cal for small), grapes, berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries), and again I'm sure there are a ton more. Drinking tons of water seems to make me even more hungry (a friend said that maybe it's because it expands the size of my stomach? I don't know). But tea seems to help too. I have read that if you eat a salad (top w/ tons of low cal veggies) before you're actual meal or low cal soup it can help you eat less and feel fuller. Don't forget fiber and protein help keep you feeling fuller longer too. Some good things to eat are brown rice, whole wheat/grain bread (has to say "whole" in the ingredient list!), sweet potatoes, chicken breast w/o skin, turkey, lean cuts of beef, beans are a good source of protein and fiber, nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts are all good sources of healthy fats and protein), just to name a few things. Hope this helps.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    here is an article that may help. Certain foods cause our body to feel more full then others, protien helps a lot, so does certain complex carbohydrates.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/01/26/CL.satisfaction.guaranteed/index.html

my personal favorite is beef jerky. Low fat, high in protien, and you have to chew a lot so it tricks your body into thinking you have been eating for a long time. Make sure you read the label though, while most beef jerky is very lean, some companies do it differently and can have up to 9 g of fat per serving. I eat Oberto, it only has 1 g of fat and 12 g of protien.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have to eat every 2 hrs or I'll faint...LOL
    Seriously what as worked for me are the FiberOne granola bars (pretty nice size and filling-140 cal)
    EOS chocolate shake/drink (only 110 cal, compared to 180 of Dr atkins or slim fast)
    I also like a nice grilled cheese...TJ low fat whole wheat bread (80cals) and a slice of horizon cheese (60cals)....satisfying for 150 cals...

Kim
  • Uptownerd
    Uptownerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    awesome :D thanks so much guys, you are my new informative google :D hehe