Need help finding an app for keeping pace 5k

Options

I have been doing 5Ks for a while. On the treadmill I can do it in about 45-50 minutes or so, but when I jog outside I can never seem to do better than 50 minutes. Is there an app that let's you set your distance and pace and then tells you to speed up and slow down as you go?

Replies

• michellepearson224
    Options
    Try Mapmyrun, it tells you your pace per km and you can speed up/slow down accordingly. I think you can set training programmes as well.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper, Endomondo or Strava

MapMyFitness can do it as well, there are othersas well.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I really like the Nike run app.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Well I already have a few of those apps and I couldn't figure out how to make them do what I am looking for...so I guess it's time to give phone to my 13 year old son and let him figure it out for me. I should have known. :blush:

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Running outside is a bit different from a treadmill.There is terrain. Different leg stride. Weather. Distraction. etc.
    All slowing you down somewhat. And the treadmill does give you a bit of a boost in that your feet don't have to push you off the same way as they do without a moving belt. Sort of akin to the difference between actual walking and walking in place. Your times for both are super close. You'll get there!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    That's what my husband told me.

I really want to do less than 50 minutes on Thanksgiving so I was hoping to find something that would coach me as I ran, telling me to speed up a little if I slowed down.

I can't see my watch while I'm running unless I wear my reading glasses. :smiley:

• magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i found runkeeper to work best. it doesn't tell me to speed up but it does tell me my pace and I can adjust as need for how fast i want to go.
    I used asics to develop a plan for my goal of a half marathon.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions.

I just had to pay a little extra to upgrade MapMyRun and BAM! 47:53 min 5k!

I knew I could do it if I just had a little coaching!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    nice :)