Pregnant

Pregnant and would like to maintain weight per md advise to do. bmi is already 40. Gestational diabetic. Any suggestions.

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Definitely need to control carbs. Keep below 120/day, below 100 even better.
  • 4millihealth
    4millihealth Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    If you have GD, your OB should refer you to a dietitian.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Come and join us on this group for pregnant ladies:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

I am currently 16 weeks with number 4 and trying hard not to gain 40 pounds this time! So far I haven't gained any. I have my calories set to 1500 and exercise calories (3-800 per day) and on this I am just about maintaining. I also try to loosely follow the gestational diabetes diet, which I assume you have been given??

• abzerz
    abzerz Posts: 1 Member
    Just found out I am pregnant with my first. I am already overweight and am terrified of getting huge! I'm love to be part of this group!
  • While pregnancy, if you want to have to do workout then you should first prefer any kind of programme fitness since it is based on the strength and the capacity of the body to do. During pregnancy, there should be different, unique and special workout program for tummy mummy. Without any experts, you can't have any kind of workout. Take Care.