Brutally Honest - Warned.

Options
I have a massive headache, and diarhea.

I can guess whats causing at least part of it.
I'm lactose intolerant - and somehow manage to still deny it, even after passing a kidney stone and being hypothesized to having Hypercalcemia [sp]. But in my denial, I had a copius amount of processed cheese. And its repeating on me hours later in the form of violent cramps, [although nothing has ever been as bad as the pain associated with passing that stone!] bad gas and now being chained to the bathroom in attempt to feel better.

I started trying to be better with my water intake, something I've always been horrible on. I'm addicted to Diet Coke. For over 10 years its been my drink of choice and water has been at the bottom of the list, just above alcohol because I don't drink it. I've had alcohol.. twice? Once at Thanksgiving, my mother had my sister and I taste wine and beer so we would "never be curious about the taste." and we were under her supervision. I tried it, hated it. Unfortunately my sister went the other way and became a partier. Now I have a niece and nephew.
Other time was my old best friends 21st birthday party and I said, "why not?" because I had turned 21 three weeks prior, so I had my experience of drinking at a bar. I had Vodka with Sprite, a glass or two [later found out it was the equivalent of 3/4 of a pint of vodka], and a sangria at dinner before hand. I had a hangover in the morning, didn't vomit, and got my drinking experience out of the way, and havent had it since. I just don't like alcohol.

Anyway! I had no water today, just two 20oz of Diet Coke, so my body has gone from getting about 40oz of water the past few days to zero and is very angry with me and telling me off for it.

The headache.. that's a private story and I suffer in silence for it. You can always send me a message if you're curious - - who knows, we might suffer from the same problem and are ashamed to talk about it publicly.

Why am I being brutally honest?
Because losing weight isn't always about rainbows and NSVs and happiness.
We suffer - we hit low points - we want to quit.
If we don't rant about the bad just as much as we celebrate the good, we'll feel guilt and never accomplish what we've set out to do.

Besides - it's the internet.
Your judgements don't affect me.

Xoxo Badass.

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i kinda feel the need to poop after reading this lol
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Brutally honest...but very well said.

Particularly this:
    If we don't rant about the bad just as much as we celebrate the good, we'll feel guilt and never accomplish what we've set out to do.

=D

Cris
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sorry you don't feel well. Good news is all that pain should go away soon. I am also lactose intolerant, so I know how you feel! Never passed a kidney stone, but if you don't mind, I think I will skip that experience!

No, losing weight is not all sunshine and roses. If it were, we would not struggle with it so much. Feel free to rant and rave all you want if it makes you feel at all better.

All my best-(and stay away from the cheese!)
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    This place 98% of the time has the best feedback.

And I will take your advice and stay away from the cheese. [yeahrightimsuchaliar!]

Good wishes to all you tooo.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have a massive headache, and diarhea.

I can guess whats causing at least part of it.
    I'm lactose intolerant - and somehow manage to still deny it, even after passing a kidney stone and being hypothesized to having Hypercalcemia [sp]. But in my denial, I had a copius amount of processed cheese. And its repeating on me hours later in the form of violent cramps, [although nothing has ever been as bad as the pain associated with passing that stone!] bad gas and now being chained to the bathroom in attempt to feel better.

I started trying to be better with my water intake, something I've always been horrible on. I'm addicted to Diet Coke. For over 10 years its been my drink of choice and water has been at the bottom of the list, just above alcohol because I don't drink it. I've had alcohol.. twice? Once at Thanksgiving, my mother had my sister and I taste wine and beer so we would "never be curious about the taste." and we were under her supervision. I tried it, hated it. Unfortunately my sister went the other way and became a partier. Now I have a niece and nephew.
    Other time was my old best friends 21st birthday party and I said, "why not?" because I had turned 21 three weeks prior, so I had my experience of drinking at a bar. I had Vodka with Sprite, a glass or two [later found out it was the equivalent of 3/4 of a pint of vodka], and a sangria at dinner before hand. I had a hangover in the morning, didn't vomit, and got my drinking experience out of the way, and havent had it since. I just don't like alcohol.

Anyway! I had no water today, just two 20oz of Diet Coke, so my body has gone from getting about 40oz of water the past few days to zero and is very angry with me and telling me off for it.

The headache.. that's a private story and I suffer in silence for it. You can always send me a message if you're curious - - who knows, we might suffer from the same problem and are ashamed to talk about it publicly.

Besides - it's the internet.
    Your judgements don't affect me.

Xoxo Badass.

You can find good or bad in anything. It's a matter of perception.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Cause there's anything good about diarhea and headaches??

LOL =D
  • Vexxed
    Vexxed Posts: 8
    Options
    @ crisanderson27: haha you made me smile
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options

LOL =D

lol +1
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Love this...however, if you know what causes the cramps, and you continue to still eat the cheese, then you really can't rant about the stomach issues. lollll.

Everything else is spot on. Right now, my journey sucks but I keep going...just pluggin' on...
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I respect the honesty. And sometimes you just gotta have the cheese and diet coke.:laugh:
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    I can still rant.. Im not on my knees begging the universe for mercy... Simply saying it sucks.. Ranting ensues.. Its my choice... yada.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options

LOL =D

If you're suffering, it will make you stronger, so YES.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

LOL =D

If you're suffering, it will make you stronger, so YES.

Well...I suppose...if you stretch...

I don't know anyone who was chained to a toilet from diarhea that got stronger at diarhea the next time for it lol...nor does having headaches make you any better at dealing with them when they come back later.

But in general...I'd give you that point =D.

Cris
  • padkat
    padkat Posts: 75
    Options
    You rant girl - can't fault you - proves we are all human and perfection isn't necessary:flowerforyou:
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I just thought christ alive 3/4 pint..but then realised a UK and US pint are very different!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of lactade, and eat the cheese! That's what I do. ;-)
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Don't they make pills you can take so you can eat foods with lactose? I think it's called Lactaid or something like that. Do they still make that?

Hope you feel better soon........
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    :| eek. good luck babe.
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Padkat - Exactly. Plus its like... Overeating and developing a weight problem, and then ranting about how you want to change, and changing, but still having moments of weakness, slipping --- You can still rant. You're trying.
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i'm lactose intolerant too but still eat cheese like an idiot. it gives me different reactions on different days. some days i get massive diarrhea almost immediately following or other days i'll be extremely gassy but can't poop and still have the poopy stomach cramps. it SUCKS. but i like cheese lol.

i saw some vegetable cheese at whole foods the other day but i don't know how tasty that'd be