Just had a baby

Options
caz1507
caz1507 Posts: 29 Member
not a new member but I quit for a while as I was having a baby, we'll I've had him now and need motivation and support to get back on track , I didn't put a lot of weight on during pregnancy (4kg) but had a lot to lose anyway. Feel free to add me x

Replies

• ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, how old is your baby?
  • caz1507
    caz1507 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    20 days old
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby! My little guy is three months old. Are you breastfeeding? If so it is b best to wait until baby is at least two months old before you cut any calories as it takes that long to establish your milk supply. After that you get a bonus 300 to 500 calories each day because that's what breastfeeding burns!
  • laurenummy
    laurenummy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've never had a baby. But i've seen mothers get back on track after having their babies.
    Tbh its not doing anything different than before. You need to cut your calories and exercise, as long as you are in a caloric deficit you will lose weight.
    For now at your breastfeeding stage, I wouldn't recommend eating that extra 300 - 500 calories extra due to breastfeeding, instead let it just come off you and eat a healthy diet until you stop breastfeeding before beginning a big enough deficit to lose weight.
    I know it may be hard with having a new born but if your goal is to really lose weight then you need to push yourself.

Good luck ! :)