Need to lose 80-100lbs and need motivation

Options
I am looking for some people that have similar goals and are looking for motivation to lose weight.
My name is Amanda and I am 26 years old, 5'4" and 237lbs. My goal is to lose 85 lbs and to get fit and healthy. I just feel that it is so hard to stay motivated. My husband is not into fitness but he is fit from working in a warehouse so it is hard for him to understand that I have alot of weight to lose. He tries to be helpful and I am very thankful for that but I think I need some friends that understand what I'm going through on this journey. If anyone is intrested please let me know. Thanks so much!!!!

Replies

• kittykat89x
    kittykat89x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I know where your coming from I'm also 26, need to lose weight for my health specifically rhematoid arthritis. I'm 5,6 and currently weigh 196lbs. My bf also works in a warehouse and isn't particularly supportive because he's watched me try and fail a few times I need to learn to do this for myself tho! As there always going to be obstacles ☺️ just stuck in a rut ATM find it hard to get motivated
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I recommend smaller goals. It makes the big one achievable.
    I started one month ago at 274. I am down around 9. I have a "mini" goal to be down 20 by Christmas. Looking daily at a 100+ goal is too much.
    You have to do this for yourself and be in the right mental spot. I think that once you do really well for a few weeks, it gets to be more of a routine.
  • laurenummy
    laurenummy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, I started off at 175lb, currently 140lbs but my goal is 120lbs. I takes hard work and dedication. Don't rely completely on motivation because it comes and goes you need to learn to push yourself and keep reminding yourself you started to lose weight for a reason :)
  • laurahopkinson51
    Options
    I also struggle with motivation. I tend to stick photos of what I want to achieve (abs) around my room. Waking up in the morning and seeing the photos gives me the motivation to go out on a run,or have weetabix instead of chocolate pillows
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I second the smaller goal idea. I have 12 goals (the last one being my ultimate goal). I have rewards as well. (* goals I've already hit).

Starting Weight - 210 (5.22.2015)
    *200 - Kitchen Scale
    *190 - Etsy Bag
    *189 (10%) - Lunch box
    *185 (Overweight) - Picnic Supplies
    *180 - Kitchen Fryer
    *175 - (Halfway) - Weight Set
    *170 - Hair color
    168 (20%) - Refrigerator
    160 -
    150 (Normal) - Car detailed
    147 (30%) - Stove
    140 - Wardrobe (shopping spree)

I also made a list of who and I'm doing this for. I just listed why I deserved it and why I wanted it (it's long and personal, otherwise I'd share it). Anytime I'm having a rough moment I read it.

This is hard, but don't forget to forgive yourself and just keep going! Bad days and weeks happen, but as long as you don't stop you can do it!

Also feel free to add me, I'm very active!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great mini goals & rewards!!

OP- only YOU can motivate you. If you don't really want it, no one else can make you want to. Then focus on developing habits & routines that support your goal. This way you can follow your routine regardless of whether you "feel motivated."

SW 301
    CW 183
    GW 150
  • FantineRose
    FantineRose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In a very similar situation - please feel free to add!
  • xoxNICxox
    xoxNICxox Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't have as much weight to lose but I struggle with motivation so have found the support of other members to be really beneficial. I finally know what works for me and the unwanted weight is slowly coming off in a good healthy way, what's more is that I am enjoying the journey. I don't look at goals as you can feel defeated almost straight away when the journey to get there seems like it will never end. I just aim to do a little better than I did yesterday, burn a few calories more, eat a little better and compete only with yourself. That way you find what works for you and if it works you'll enjoy it, keep at it & it'll become a habit. It doesn't have to be a miserable long lovely journey, we are all on the same path however big or small... Feel free to add me :) x
  • omoralesvc
    omoralesvc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also dealing with overweight. My OB advise me to loose weight preparation for next pregnancy. So far I lost 12 lbs. I need to loose 10 more lbs for my goal weight. My mom introduce me this shake and really works good for me. And I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio and weights training. Add me , maybe we can talk and we can help each other motivated. My email is deza_79@yahoo.com.
  • xoxoamandaz
    xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109957-new-start-to-a-new-me
    guys this is the link to the group I created join if you would like to thanks everyone!!
  • agiwieck
    agiwieck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am pretty similar. I am at 231 after losing 30 lbs in 4 months. I would like to lose about 50 more. Any friend would be helpful! You guys are great! Let's do this together!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just fill in your profile, and it will work if you stick to it. The system is pretty easy to understand, and I like the database. I can fill in foods from my phone, even.
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey we're both 5'4 with a starting weight over 200! I started at 215.5 and am down 14 pounds in less than 2 months. I have broken my weight loss into multiple small goals!

1st BIG goal - 155.5 = 60 pound lost total. I break that down into quarters so every 15 pounds I can say I am 25% closer to my goal!
    2nd BIG goal - 135.5 = 80 pound lost total! I break that down into quarters again :) 20 pounds means I am 25% closer to that goal!

1st goal reward - I plan on getting the tattoo I have always wanted when I get to this first big goal!
    2nd goal reward - Well I hadn't thought about it yet really! Maybe a boudoir photo shoot so I can show off my new and amazing body!

I consume 1250 or less calories a day but don't stress if I go a little over. Walking has become a HUGE part of my life. I don't even do it much some days just a 20 minute walk, but it makes a BIG difference!

Point in case here... reward systems are great, just tailor it to fit YOU! And one day at a time... you don't have to sacrifice everything you enjoy, just eat it in moderation. Never give up!

• fitgirldrw81
    fitgirldrw81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 34 and started my MFP journey almost a month ago @ my largest weight (240 lbs.). I am down about 9 lbs but am getting discouraged and losing motivation. The first few weeks I was doing great because I saw quick results. I know it's mostly water weight but after the scale stops moving fast, I start stalling too. My husband works in construction so he is always active and very fit. He also has a metabolism to die for! I'm talking 4 fudge bars and 2 candy bars every night before bed, only drinks sodas or sweet tea, and never counts calories or turns food away because he's worried it will make him gain weight. It's hard for me when I see the way he is able to eat and know I'll never be able to do that. His idea of support is reminding me he doesn't care about my size. I know he thinks he is helping but I really need people to hold me accountable for my actions. I have a way of justifying that cheeseburger I ate for lunch by saying I'll not eat much at dinner. Then dinner rolls along and I'm starving and justify eating everything then too. It really is a vicious cycle! Maybe MFP friends will be the support group I need :)
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I'm 29, and have lost 100 pounds since January 1st- started at 265. Looking to lose another 30.
  • xoxoamandaz
    xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I second the smaller goal idea. I have 12 goals (the last one being my ultimate goal). I have rewards as well. (* goals I've already hit).

Starting Weight - 210 (5.22.2015)
    *200 - Kitchen Scale
    *190 - Etsy Bag
    *189 (10%) - Lunch box
    *185 (Overweight) - Picnic Supplies
    *180 - Kitchen Fryer
    *175 - (Halfway) - Weight Set
    *170 - Hair color
    168 (20%) - Refrigerator
    160 -
    150 (Normal) - Car detailed
    147 (30%) - Stove
    140 - Wardrobe (shopping spree)

I also made a list of who and I'm doing this for. I just listed why I deserved it and why I wanted it (it's long and personal, otherwise I'd share it). Anytime I'm having a rough moment I read it.

This is hard, but don't forget to forgive yourself and just keep going! Bad days and weeks happen, but as long as you don't stop you can do it!

Also feel free to add me, I'm very active!

I love this.... I am going to use this idea thank you so much