Any body pump addicts?

Options
vivie72
vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
I started taking Body Pump at the Y a month ago and I am completely addicted. I am up to 3 days a week. How long did it take you before you saw a real difference in your body?

Replies

• TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I take body pump at Gold's and love it!!!! I saw a difference after a week or 2 and that's about how long it took to not be sore all the time! I'm actually on my way there now, have a great day!
  • Jormesher
    Jormesher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted too! I attended sporadically for several months, but have hit it hard over the past two weeks.

I haven't really seen a difference yet, but I have had several NSV's in the class- got through a lunge track without stopping... once! LOL! Have increased my weights. My favorite PJs fit ever so slightly less snug.

But most of all, I FEEL different; not sore, stronger.

I'm on my way there now. Will take body pump because I love it and will stay for Zumba because it makes me laugh at myself.

Have a great day!
  • vivie72
    Options
    I feel and see a difference too. It is amazing. I love the burn!
  • TXMayFlower
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I go to the Y in Round Rock TOO! I've been doing the Zumba classes every other day and on my days off I go up to the loft and do the treadmill and circuit training. I watch the Bodypump classes while I'm waiting for Zumba and I keep saying I really want to try it. But I'm chicken. Like I won't be able to do it or I'll look stupid. It looks like a great way to tone everything up as I'm losing.

On my way to the Y now for my son's swim class and then my Zumba class! Maybe one day I'll try Bodypump and we can meet up. I could use a friend or two to help me through it!
  • cleanitup4me
    Options
    Yes!! I've been faithful for the past 2 years...def. don't be afraid to go up in weight. Focus on contracting your abs the entire time (NOT easy to do)- but don't rely strictly on the class. Do some weight training on your own- the class is fun, but you need to mix up your routine to really see results. Sometimes in class I find I'm focusing more on keeping up with the pace, or the music, rather than strictly the body part we are working on. Go out on the floor and do some strength training and focus solely on the a specific b ody part- say triceps. Use slower pace, higher reps... Feel your tricep (any muscle you are working on) contract and relax each time.Just a suggestion! Try it for a couple of weeks and I'm fairly certain you well see a difference. For instance, On Monday I'll do a circuit on my own using free weights & jump rope, Tues. spin, Wed. Body Pump, Thurs. spin, and Fri. Body pump. I've only been doing MFP for about a month- focusing on nutrition, so my weight loss doesn't seem all that impressive, muscle tone & strength have improved immensly though.
  • vivie72
    Options
    Great suggestions. Thank you!