Best alcohol drinks for a diet?

Options
Going out with some friends tonight for drinks. Any dos or donts?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Remember that mixed drinks have 2oz of liquor at least, not 1.

The lowest calorie thing I can think of-vodka soda.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like bloody marys.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    whiskey and water
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Unless you plan on drinking every night, go out and drink whatever you like and have fun. One night of indulgence does not undo everything. Get back to your plan tomorrow.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I like what Alluminati said. Just have fun.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I go for light beers. A 12 oz. Coors Light has about 100 calories. It is larger and take longer to drink, so even two or three won't break the (calorie) bank.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Unless you plan on drinking every night, go out and drink whatever you like and have fun. One night of indulgence does not undo everything. Get back to your plan tomorrow.

THIS
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Tequila shots. 70 calories a shot and no filler.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wodka :smiley:
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    white alcohols generally lower in cals. If you aren't into gin or vodka then a light beer can be decent. But really....on the rare occasion...just indulge.
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Virgin Mary, no booze. Diet soda no one knows what's in your drink. Plus if you drive no DWI.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

This.

I had a 'once in a blue moon' night out a few months ago - and I was SERIOUSLY strict. I was literally logging my drinks as and when they were bought, calculating calories etcetc. The people I was with were looking at me as if I had grown another head - and with good reason. This is NOT normal behaviour. Needless to say, I didn't really enjoy myself.

Enjoy a few drinks with your friends, you're human. Tomorrow is another day :)
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Trying to have a night out and be healthy is the worst of all worlds.
    Plan it, reduce your calories that week a bit to help reduce the impact, and just enjoy yourself. One of the best tips is if you are drinking, do not eat at the same time, but I see it the same as going out for a good dinner once a month. Sod making it tiny or strict, log it as a cheat or re-feed, feel no guilt and go right back to the good eating you had before.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I make Margaritas with one shot of tequila (1.5 oz) and 5 calorie mixer. 12 oz glass is around 110 cals...
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Just choose the alcoholic drink you like the most - enjoy your night!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Corona Light and it's only 99 calories!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    this is not a preferable drink but it's low in calories and thats natty daddy :0 it's one of the lowest calorie drinks i've found and been drinking but 1 oz is only 8-15 calories cant beat that??.. but then again the taste .. ??
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    this is not a preferable drink but it's low in calories and thats natty daddy :0 it's one of the lowest calorie drinks i've found and been drinking but 1 oz is only 8-15 calories cant beat that??.. but then again the taste .. ??

I'm confused. Isn't that pretty much on par with beer? Might be a bit more calories for the alcohol content but not much.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Life's too short to drink crappy beer.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    White wine spritzer - about 75 calories! B)