Healthy Smoothies??

Options
Anyone got some recipes for smoothies?

Replies

• as9045
    as9045 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Here's the simplest recipe ever (but I love it). I don't like plain yogurt, so I usually get key lime yogurt (it's either fat free or low fat). And because it's flavored, there's no need for extra sugar like honey or anything. I put in a good amount of fresh strawberries, then a couple bits of fresh pineapple, put in the key lime yogurt (some of it's still stuck to the sides of the container, and I eat that separately instead of putting it all in the blender). And I add just a bit of cold water, as I can always add more later, and I don't want it to be too runny). Then I blend it all together, and if it's too think I add a smidgen of more cold water. If not, then I'm good to go!

So four ingredients really: strawberries, key lime fat free/low fat yogurt, pineapple, water. And sometimes I leave out the pineapple altogether, or replace it with blueberries, and sometimes I add a handful of spinach to the mix. I've used strawberry, raspberry, and mixed berry yogurt before as well, and they've worked out fine. Also, instead of cold water I've used cranberry-grape juice, apple juice, and orange juice, but I think water works the best because it still tastes just as good and doesn't add unnecessary extra sugar and calories.

Very simple, but delicious, and a great meal replacement in my opinion. Since I've moved, I no longer have access to a blender, which is a real bummer. Missing my smoothies.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    One cup soy milk, one fruit, 2 table spoons hemp seeds, as much romaine or other greens as I can cram into the container, some added water as necessary.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana and almond milk and cinnamon is all I do!
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have frozen mixed berries, Greek yogurt, and ice. Very easy to make, the recipe is actually on a lot of bags of frozen fruits. You could buy some and follow those.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Milk, frozen berries, fat free Greek yogurt. I usually add protein powder too. Not very low calorie, but it does get me from lunch to dinner without bingeing. I eat mine between 2:30-3:30.
  • AZnewbie00
    AZnewbie00 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do coconut milk or coconut water frozen fruit and sometimes add some greens like spinach
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Mine is plant based: 1 cup chick peas -thoroughly rinsed (yes), 1 cup carrot juice, 1 cup water, 32 grams sunflower seed butter and one frozen banana (add more chick peas) if you want it thicker. Very cheap, full of fiber and protein. You cannot beat this.
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Skim milk, frozen strawberries, and stevia makes a yummy low cal milkshake :)
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Coconut water,spirulina, chlorella, ground chia, kale, banana, frozen blueberries
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Side effect....very green poop
  • stephernie4
    stephernie4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies most mornings with frozen strawberries and blueberries, spinach, a banana, fruit juice, and a little bit of Greek yogurt (about a fourth of a container). I'm interested in recommendations for how to get a little more protein in there.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My breakfast smoothie is a cup of homemade kefir, frozen blueberries, mixed frozen berries, a half banana, and a quarter cup oatmeal. Lunch smoothie is 95% veggie, carrot, greens, beet, ginger, half apple, I use all whites liquid egg whites for protein. I don't add any extra sweetness to anything, no need.
  • darcy2102
    darcy2102 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies most mornings with frozen strawberries and blueberries, spinach, a banana, fruit juice, and a little bit of Greek yogurt (about a fourth of a container). I'm interested in recommendations for how to get a little more protein in there.

Add the rest of the container of yogurt. Buy the fat free containers, Oikos is around 100 cal and lots of protein.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    16+ oz frozen raspberries, into the blender
    heaping serving of protein powder (experiment, find the one you like)
    peanut butter if I'm in the mood
    honey, if I'm in the mood
    fill with milk

It's a lot of calories, but very filling and satisfying. Delicious sorbet-like snack, better than desert. Wonderful after a long or hilly bike ride.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I have a relative that makes them with milk, chocolate syrup, and butter pecan ice cream.
    Now, that's a smoothie.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    100 grams frozen banana slices, 100 grams whole milk, 80 grams frozen blueberries or strawberries.
    100 grams frozen banana slices, 100 grams whole milk, 30 grams peanut or hazelnut butter, 10 grams cocoa powder.
    160 grams frozen banana slices, 160 grams whole milk, peel and juice of one lime.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    • 1 banana (sliced, peeled, frozen)
    • 8oz skim milk
    • 2tbs Krema natural peanut butter (I'm a big fan, the only ingredient listed is PEANUTS)
    • 1 scoop protein powder ( I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard in French Vanilla Creme)
    • Sprinkle of cinnamon
    • 2ts vanilla extract

Calories: 505
    Carbs: 50
    Protein: 39
    Fats: 17

SO FILLING AND DELICIOUS <3
    It's my dinner every night.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Coconut water, spinach (as much as I can fit), 1/2 frozen banana, 50g fresh pineapple. That is the most simple one I make and use as a snack.

Mornings: 1/2 C 0% Greek Yogurt, 50g each of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, 1 TB PB2, 1/4 C oatmeal, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 - 1/2 almond/coconut milk. I tend to mix it up sometimes and use all frozen fruit if I don't have fresh.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Mine is plant based: 1 cup chick peas -thoroughly rinsed (yes), 1 cup carrot juice, 1 cup water, 32 grams sunflower seed butter and one frozen banana (add more chick peas) if you want it thicker. Very cheap, full of fiber and protein. You cannot beat this.

1 cup of chickpeas is over 700 calories per database?? And 200 calories of seed butter? And a banana?
    This is almost my entire day of food in your smoothie. Lol
  • Lancerchick86
    Lancerchick86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My go to smoothie right now is:
    - 1 Cup of Almond Milk
    - 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter
    - 1 TBSP of Ground Flax Seed
    - 1 Banana, cut and frozen
    - 1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder
    - 1 Cup of Spinach.
    I love the flavours and you can definitely add, substitute, or even take some of the ingredients out and keep it simple. It's all about experimenting and finding something you like. You can even add other ingredients like macha, hemp, etc.