Indulgent breakfast recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just haven't felt like eating eggs at all lately, for some reason. That makes it difficult. And oats make me sick now, especially if I workout afterwards, so it's tough as well (overnight oats is fine but doesn't fill me up at all).

I've thought about high fat diets but I have a history of reflux and too much fat has some ahem, bad, consequences for me. Plus my cholesterol is on the high side and my doctor told me to eat low fat, so as much as I know that food fat isn't really the issue, well... I'm still not exactly on board.

But I like some of the ideas here. Need to figure out how to make biscuits and gravy... doesn't quite fit in the 'fast in the morning' category though, lol.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    But I like some of the ideas here. Need to figure out how to make biscuits and gravy... doesn't quite fit in the 'fast in the morning' category though, lol.
    You can make the biscuits and gravy over the weekend and reheat them in the morning. Just pop the gravy into the microwave or onto the stove with a little extra milk. To reheat the biscuits, wrap them in foil and toss them in a 300F oven for ten minutes. Or you can keep a bag of the individually frozen biscuits and just toss one in the oven while you're getting ready in the morning.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Eggs Benedict

or Florentine or Royale.

Breakfast of champions.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're a fan of lox and bagels, but that used to be my favorite indulgence so I've made my own version that feels super indulgent but has a better profile than the kind I buy at the bagel shop. I can make a little whipped cream cheese go a long way! (Oh, but you should know I think it's super high in sodium, which is not an issue for me because I tend to have low blood pressure, but just be careful if that's an issue for you.)

I tend to eat this when I need breakfast to last me a while or I need an indulgent breakfast because I know it's going to be one of those days where I'm doing something for everyone but me. I toast the crumpets and then add ingredients in the order listed. If I'm feeling super fancy I will throw in a sliced tomato or two.

I change up the number of crumpets or salmon, depending on how much of an indulgence I really want.

Trader Joe's - British Style Crumpet Corrected, 2 (52g)
    Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Whipped, 2 Tbsp
    Trader Joe's - Nova Salmon Pieces, 4 ounce
    Shallots, raw, 1 tbsp sliced
    Goya - Capers, 2 tsp(s)

Calories: 419
    Carbs: 52
    Fat: 9
    Protein: 35
    Fiber: 4
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    If you want to come over to the dark side, my breakfasts usually consist of bullet proof coffee (coffee with 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 Tbs coconut cream whipped to frothiness) and a couple of slices of bacon. I'll often have a second cup of coffee late in the morning or early afternoon, and I am usually not hungry until at least mid afternoon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    Don't know if you're a fan of lox and bagels, but that used to be my favorite indulgence so I've made my own version that feels super indulgent but has a better profile than the kind I buy at the bagel shop. I can make a little whipped cream cheese go a long way! (Oh, but you should know I think it's super high in sodium, which is not an issue for me because I tend to have low blood pressure, but just be careful if that's an issue for you.)

I tend to eat this when I need breakfast to last me a while or I need an indulgent breakfast because I know it's going to be one of those days where I'm doing something for everyone but me. I toast the crumpets and then add ingredients in the order listed. If I'm feeling super fancy I will throw in a sliced tomato or two.

I change up the number of crumpets or salmon, depending on how much of an indulgence I really want.

Trader Joe's - British Style Crumpet Corrected, 2 (52g)
    Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Whipped, 2 Tbsp
    Trader Joe's - Nova Salmon Pieces, 4 ounce
    Shallots, raw, 1 tbsp sliced
    Goya - Capers, 2 tsp(s)

Calories: 419
    Carbs: 52
    Fat: 9
    Protein: 35
    Fiber: 4

Yeah I love lox and bagels, I'm just picky about finding bagels that are worth the calories. I haven't tried TJ's crumpets though... Might be worth looking into, lol.
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    If you want to come over to the dark side, my breakfasts usually consist of bullet proof coffee (coffee with 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 Tbs coconut cream whipped to frothiness) and a couple of slices of bacon. I'll often have a second cup of coffee late in the morning or early afternoon, and I am usually not hungry until at least mid afternoon.

I eat most of my calories by 3pm usually, as I'm hungrier in the morning, so I don't think it would work for me, lol.

I'm making cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I like to make Fage yogurt bowls. You can be really creative. This one is peanut butter and jelly s'mores. There's 350g of greek yogurt in there.

5kutrcu39y2f.jpg

Also, I know you said oats are bothering your stomach. What about zoats though? I make these chocolate cherry pie zoats that are fun. I like both of these ideas because you can throw in so many add-ins that aren't really that satisfying if you eat just one of one their own.

c2dtpq1vj2ya.jpg
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I like to make Fage yogurt bowls. You can be really creative. This one is peanut butter and jelly s'mores. There's 350g of greek yogurt in there.

5kutrcu39y2f.jpg

Also, I know you said oats are bothering your stomach. What about zoats though? I make these chocolate cherry pie zoats that are fun. I like both of these ideas because you can throw in so many add-ins that aren't really that satisfying if you eat just one of one their own.

c2dtpq1vj2ya.jpg

Uhhhhhhh... How do you make these?!?!?!? Omg...

• kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How about an omelet with cheese, veggies, olives. For your grain you can try Ezekiel Bread, if you can tolerate it. I find it difficult. A large pita pocket holds the omelet well. Grits or cream of wheat will go good with the omelet as well.

Also, granola with yogurt and berries work well.

I try to keep sugar to a minimum during breakfast.

Now I am hungry and it is 11pm :D