Calories

Options
BaileysxCoffee
BaileysxCoffee Posts: 26 Member
edited November 2015 in Getting Started
mfp has me at 1640 calories and my nutritionist says between 1200 and 1600 a day should be fine do me but I'm always hungry and go over my calories. Should I stay at what mfp says? I'm 5'1 and I weigh 200 pounds

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a few weeks to settle in and figure out when to eat and what to eat in order to ease the hunger.

Stick with what MFP suggests for at least a month, but experiment with foods.

For example, I discovered that pears (which I love) are fairly high in calories for a fruit, and have no staying power. Therefore I stopped eating pears. But eggs are fairly low in calories and can keep me full for a fairly long time.

• BaileysxCoffee
    BaileysxCoffee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great!! Thanks!!! Good idea!!! :)

Anyone else please??
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Fill up on lower calorie foods. Salad leaves, sugar free jelly, zero noodles. They can fill you and are under 30 calories.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Keep raw veggies prepped (celery, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, cauliflower whatever you like) they are low in calories and it takes time to eat them. Drink a lot of water.
  • PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Like others gave said drinking lots of water and low calorie/high volume foods helps keep you full. Just stay at your calorie goal and stay way from most fast food and you should be good :)