I am ready to start my weightless journey and take my family with me! help!

Options
then3wme2014
then3wme2014 Posts: 2 Member
I have a family of four, My husband and I, then our almost three-year-old and a 6-month-old.

I was on a great track losing weight, then we moved and everything got very hectic, I slid back and I am not happy with myself at all, so know that we are settled I am ready to jump back into it ;)

so I am looking for some great healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner, and desert lol

things that are healthy an will help me loose weight.

Thank you!

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com......pinterest.com........canyoustayfordinner.com....chef-in-training.com are some great websites that I use often :) Wishing you the best
  • then3wme2014
    then3wme2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com......pinterest.com........canyoustayfordinner.com....chef-in-training.com are some great websites that I use often :) Wishing you the best

tHANK YOU!1
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options

tHANK YOU!1

You're very welcome :)
  • aeisenberg93
    aeisenberg93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot.
  • rhodachupp
    rhodachupp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Easy, delicious and low calorie breakfast/snack...1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 TBL peanut butter, 1 TBL polaner all fruit grape jelly and sweetener to taste.(I use truvia or stevia) Mix together. Of course you could add more or less of the ingredients depending on your taste :) I also like Greek yogurt, cocoa powder, peanut butter, sweetener and a couple tablespoons light whipped cream all mixed together :)
  • Johnybuck
    Johnybuck Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I typed in canyoustayfordinner.com directly into my browser, my web security software reported it as a malicious attack site. I performed an internet search of the same term and the site it brings up as legit is: http://keeprecipes.com/brand/canyoustayfordinner.com

Be careful!
  • SuzieQzie123
    SuzieQzie123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We had Skinnytaste Eggplant Rolatini last night and it was a hit! She might have a few but I made the one with spinach and ricotta filling.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I have a family of four, My husband and I, then our almost three-year-old and a 6-month-old.

I was on a great track losing weight, then we moved and everything got very hectic, I slid back and I am not happy with myself at all, so know that we are settled I am ready to jump back into it ;)

so I am looking for some great healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner, and desert lol

things that are healthy an will help me loose weight.

Thank you!

If your schedule is frequently hectic, I will second @aeisenberg93 about the crockpot.It is your friend.

Everyone's definition of "healthy" differs but if you can do a couple things it will probably help your weight loss efforts:

1) Try not to drink calories.....high calorie sodas/juices/booze only in moderate amounts
    2) Try and find stuff your whole family will eat as much as possible. Making two meals all the time is a lot of effort and it will make it harder to stick to. It might be a matter of finding "slimmer" versions of stuff your family already likes if they're pickier eaters. Hungry Girl cookbook has lots of those types of recipes.
    3) Greek yogurt in place of sour cream is a calorie saver and boosts protein. You can also use tofu in place of it usually if you have lactose issues in your household (as we do)
    4) Try to make sure you're eating your vegetables. Lots of nutritional benefit for very few calories typically (unless it's the starchy corn/potatoes type all the time..)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/372359/bring-your-crockpot-slow-cooker-recipes#latest - it's a huge thread with many crockpot recipes that are delicious and low calorie. Crockpots are great because they take minutes to load and then take care of themselves.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Small changes like baking instead of frying
    Steaming instead of frying
    Switching out starchy veg for lower cal veg
    Skinless chicken
    Bbq is a great way to cook
    Wraps instead of dense breads
    Dressing with vinegar instead of creams, mayo or oil.
    Shred cheese instead of big chunks

If you enjoy cooking, you can make a lot of stuff that you used to lower cal just by making a few small changes.