pre diabetic

Options
Anyone here pre diabetic and any helpful tips? I'm kinda scared :(

Replies

• kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Your age,weight and genetics are 3 risk factors. You can't do anything about 2 of the 3. Were you diagnosed by your doctor as being pre diabetic? If so what what were his/her suggestions?
    I want to help but I don't have much info to give you any helpful tips at this time.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I was for a long time until I slid in to T2. Then I was T2 for ten years before it got hard to control with Metformin and diet alone. I then entered a weight loss program that included Bariatric surgery and my diabetes is in remission. I have had dietitians support me and attended dozens of classes.

The two top tips that helped me was to eat on a schedule starting with breakfast at the same time every day and to visualize a plate with a variety of foods at every meal.

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/planning-meals/create-your-plate/

You will monitor your sugar balance, taking over from your overwhelmed pancreas and the better you get at balancing your energy, the better you will feel.

Good news, the better you get at this the longer you can delay the nasty side effects.

My eye doctor says she can spot a diabetic right away by looking at the fine blood vessels at the back of the eye. There will be blockages. My eyes; no damage at all! It pays to use the early diagnosis to stay on top of this.