10 Day Challenge - But Wait!

Options
It's not the type you think.

Its not a questionairre follow-up 10DC, Its about money.

I saw this yahoo! article about going 10 days without spending any money.

Of course before you begin this, you're suppose to properly stock yourself of nessecities in your home.

✔Have Food
✔Have toiletries
✔Have cleaning products
✔Paid all nessecary bills for the next 10 days

So after you have prepared, you're suppose to go 10 days without using cash, without using credit/debit cards. Its a motivational thing, also teaching you about savings, how much the little things you buy adds up, and its also to see a bigger amount in your bank account if you happen to get paid during the process from your job.

I've paid my bills, I have $10 in cash, and $4.37 on my debit card. [I mean it when I paid my bills, I left myself nothing.] And $0 on my credit card.

I somehow feel - if you're asking how this pertains to my WLGs - If I can control that aspect of my life, money, which is sometimes such a stress, than I can overcome my weight too. Its small things, little things I have to change that don't just have to do with my weight. I am changing myself for the better, improving on the good, washing away the bad, and learning to love myself, appreciate myself, and stop stressing myself out.

Replies

• Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I tried it once and it is harder than you think but if you really want to go the 10 days you can.

Good Luck
  • lunula76
    lunula76 Posts: 38
    Options
    I would LOVE to do this but I couldn't really do it completely. I have to fill up my gas tank about every 4 days and sometimes things come up where I unexpectedly have to buy things for a client or pay parking. I could probably get around the parking but the gas no way.
    I don't know if it would really count then. What do you think?
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    We were unemployed for a year. (we tried and tried to find work). Needless to say I OFTEN went 10 days (ok- WAY more then 10 days) w/o spending money.
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    I would LOVE to do this but I couldn't really do it completely. I have to fill up my gas tank about every 4 days and sometimes things come up where I unexpectedly have to buy things for a client or pay parking. I could probably get around the parking but the gas no way.
    I don't know if it would really count then. What do you think?
    Get those big red gas tank things and fill it up that way when u have to get more gas in 4 days, you dont have to actually BUY it, because you already have it waiting for you.

i mean if you are wanting to go 10 days w/o spending money, that is a way
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Exactly what Jesse said. Expect the Unexpected when you do this.

Its easier for me because I walk to work, and have my groceries, have paid all my bills, etc.

You don't have to follow it completely, modifying it for your own expenses and personal needs, theres' no wrong in it.
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/First-Person-10-Days-No-ac-3259266898.html <--- Article if anyone wants to read up on it more.
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WOA.... my husband would LOOOOOVE that!:D