Reward & consequences for weight lost targets...

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to get some tips... In October I'm heading home for a holiday to see everyone after almost 3 years so I'm setting myself a challenge between now & then to hit my weight lost goal.

My trainer wants me to break it down into monthly targets increments with mini rewards & consequences depending on the outcome. I was thinking for a consequence if I missed a target to forgo my "treat" day but I've never put a consequence on my weight loss - normally I kinda wing it....

Has anyone any suggestions? Pretty please.... :happy:

Replies

• denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I would like the whole "consequences" concept...it sounds too negative for me and would stress me out...now the reward part is what has kept me going (mine is a new tattoo)...I would rather work towards to positive then have to think if I don't reach it there is a consequence...and well really, the consequence is you don't get the reward, right?

I say pick some really great rewards that will pump you up :)
  • lunula76
    lunula76 Posts: 38
    Options
    I agree. Punishment is what you do to yourself that prevents you from being as healthy as you deserve to be. You don't deserve punishment for struggling. find a reward that really excites you. Maybe a new outfit at the hot size you will be right before you travel.
  • aoifebr
    aoifebr Posts: 92
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Maybe I didn't explain very well my trainer doesn't mean it in a negative way. He's noticed with my work I work my back side off to achieve the impossible when something is "on the line" or there is a consequence if I don't do it. Similarly the only time I've worked extra hard to achieved my weekly target is where I've been completely invested & my mini rewards don't always do it for me....