Fitbit flex??

Options
So the Fitbit flex is on sale for an awesome price at Walmart on Black Friday. Is it really helpful? Highly recommended?

Replies

• julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love it. Wear mine everyday.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I really like it. Dunno about the Flex.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I started with a flex but I downgraded to the cheaper zip which I much prefer as it clips to waistband, bra or into pocket and I can wear bracelets

It doesn't track sleep like the flex, but I found that useless
    It has a number read out which I prefer

My answer is I love fitbits and wear mine constantly and love the data, eat all the calories but I prefer the basic models
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also if you get a fitbit, synch it to MFP, enable negative adjustments. Set them up with same goals, time zones and put your stride length in

and open a trendweight.com account for the graphs ..love my graphs
  • cristie1971
    cristie1971 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and I love it!!
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had the flex , I lost it all the time because the straps abit flimsy. I have the charge now and its awesome and more accurate. I think you can get a small plastic thing to put round the strap now, so it does not fall off.
  • anne_croft
    anne_croft Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love the flex it's ideal for me and my way of life. Wear it all the time and keeps me on track with my steps. Linked to my MFP, so perfect. :)

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I love it. I had the Flex when it first came out years ago and I loved that at the time. Back then they said that you could wear it in the shower. Mine only lasted 4 or 5 months before it completely stopped working. It seems like they've refined it since then, so I would say if it's on sale and you want it, go for it! Just don't wear it in the shower. lol.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I also have the Charge HR - also at a good price at Target I believe for Black Friday. I've only ever had one that I wear and I prefer that. I would be lost without it. It syncs my exercise and calorie burn with MFP. I love it and would replace it in a heartbeat (no pun intended, the Charge HR measures heart rate). Their customer service is awesome. I actually had the Force and returned it with the voluntary recall once the Charge HR came out. With the reimbursement from the Force and the coupon they gave me for a new device - it only cost me about $10.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and I like having something fairly small on my wrist - I think I would forget or lose a clip-on one.

My only complaint is that the bands seems to be a bit flimsy - I've had two tear apart on me now and haven't even had my Fitbit a year.

The first was the original band that came with it, and they replaced it free of charge. The second was one that I bought elsewhere (still official Fitbit stuff) and I don't have my receipt or anything so I'm not going to try to get that replaced for now.

On the flip side, there are TONS of bands available on Amazon.com for a reasonable cost. I'm planning on trying those to see how they fare. Even if they break within a few months, I'd rather spend $9 for 3 and not $30 for 3.

Beyond that, I love this thing. It's really helped with getting me more active.

~Lyssa
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I LOVE my Flex. I think fitbits are one of the best inventions. I've had mine since November of last year and have a few extra bands to switch it out. I'm really hoping to get the charge HR for Christmas :)
  • fattgrlneeds2bthin
    Options
    Love my flex wear it all the time. I also like that it syncs with mfp. Even though I must be doing something wrong because not losing anything it is helping me be more active. Question for everyone do you eat all the calories back that your fit bit gives or just part.
  • fattgrlneeds2bthin
    Options
    I also love the challenges it helps me stay motivated by competition to do more. Since 3 of my family have flexes it is funny how we try to out do each other as well so helping to keep us all active.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I got a Flex because I can wear it for water jogging. I absolutely love mine and love having a Fitbit.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Love my flex wear it all the time. I also like that it syncs with mfp. Even though I must be doing something wrong because not losing anything it is helping me be more active. Question for everyone do you eat all the calories back that your fit bit gives or just part.

It depends what the calories are from. I eat most of them from running, part of them from casual walking and weight lifting.

Sort of.

I've had my Flex a while and have let Fitbit calculate my TDEE. I calculate a deficit from that and generally eat that many calories. I have a caloric range I eat within. On more active days I eat more; on less active days I eat less.

That deficit I calculate works out to having taken most of my running calories and part of my walking/weight lifting calories. It's just that I average that all out over the week.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fitbits of all types are excellent. I have the Charge HR and moved from the flex to the one and then to the HR. I prefer the clasp strap on the HR and wanted the heart rate but any fitbit will be helpful.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've had the Flex for 1.5 years and love it! It definitely got me moving more and I haven't looked back. I usually keep it in my pocket and just wear it on my wrist if I don't have pockets and at night. The vibrating alarm is a big bonus for me because I sleep with earplugs in and often can't hear a regular alarm until it's loud enough to wake the entire house.
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Or you could buy one from eBay because it's still cheaper than the Black Friday deal. :D

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Or you could buy one from eBay because it's still cheaper than the Black Friday deal. :D
    I haven't seen one for less than $59 new...
    Ty all I will add it to my must have list :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have the flex! :]
    I chose the flex because it was a lot cheaper than the other fitbit's out there - and does exactly what I want it to do! I definitely recommend!